Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so <cough> this is for my 68 Camaro, but...guessing there's a similar Nova piece, so... I'm looking for a source for the light sockets that illuminate the auto trans shift indicator panel in the console. From what I understand, they have 2 wires and a plastic housing, and snap into a 5/8" round hole (not 100% sure on the hole size) I can get a whole harness, but all I really need is a couple of the sockets. Any leads on where I can get these separately?

Thanks...
Pat

·
Super Moderator
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
i see you found the light sockets. just to add some info, for the light in my 66 auto console i used a ford license plate housing socket an bulb. the bulb was LED so i don't have a heat problem on my shifter lens an it's bright.

·
Super Moderator
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in my 66 auto console i used a ford license plate housing socket an bulb. the bulb was LED so i don't have a heat problem on my shifter lens an it's bright.
Sounds nice! Got a part number or a Ford application that I can chase down? Thx!!!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
it's just one of those small things you don't make a note of on your nova. but i found it at auto zone. one of those things on the rack in the bulb section of the store. it was made to just snap into the license plate housing light socket. has two wire leads an has to be wired correct or the LED doesn't light, correct neg an pos you know. i did have to trim some of the socket to fit the hole on the 66 console then a small drop of super glue to hold the socket.

·
Registered
283 Posts
it's just one of those small things you don't make a note of on your nova. but i found it at auto zone. one of those things on the rack in the bulb section of the store. it was made to just snap into the license plate housing light socket. has two wire leads an has to be wired correct or the LED doesn't light, correct neg an pos you know. i did have to trim some of the socket to fit the hole on the 66 console then a small drop of super glue to hold the socket.
Echlin LS 6429 available at NAPA. Fits 5/8" round hole. Uses 1895 bulb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts