Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
deadener

as far as Im concerned, this is one of those spend the money to invest as opposed to have issues later, if you are doing doors especially. Some dont stick as well and with the heat, will peel themselves off vertical surfaces. I prefer Damplifier Pro by second skin.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
For a budget install, Home Depot and Lowes have a similar product, but I don't think it has adhesive, and is not designed for auto application.

But depending on where you use it, it may be ok.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
fat mat, rattle trap on ebay, or you can do the homedepot insulation which a lot of people have done too.

or you can just put egg cartons on your ceiling, firewall, and doors and put your interior over it. Whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the doors dont really matter what i wanted to do is pretty much everything inside the car except the doors they dont matter as much and the ceiling

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
.........Some don't stick as well and with the heat, will peel themselves off vertical surfaces. I prefer Damplifier Pro by second skin.
I used the Damplifer Pro in my Nova. I was very happy with their service and their product. I would say their pricing is in the middle of most of the mats out there.

Bryan

·
Registered
249 Posts
dynamat is expensive but man it works so good!!!, i used to talk so much trash about it, till i used it and it made a huge difference, theres a dealer on ebay that sells a box of dynamat new, 36sq ft. for 149 shipped. that same box on summitracing goes for 210 i think plus shipping. just letting you know, that one box did my trunk quarter panels and under the hat shelf and wheel wells, pretty much everything but the floor and i still had like 4 or 5 sheets left. and it made everything so much more quiet, especially with a sub in the trunk, the sound in the car sounds so much cleaner and the bass hits alot harder,when it all used to escape out the back of the trunk. all the other products like fatmat hushmat ect. all work just as well. im just not crazy about peel and seal,

·
Registered
381 Posts
Can you use Damplifier Pro and Dynamat together? Will the added expense of using both be a return of investment for the sound dampening qualities? If so, can you also use the Reflectix on top of those for the heat and a/c insulation? I know at some point it gets overboard just wondering where that edge might be.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Although I have no experience with this product yet....it will be what I use in conjunction with another form of sound deadner.(fat mat or peal n seal on the floors)

It has great reviews for heat transfer and offers some sound deadening.Pricing is resonable also.

http://www.lobucrod.com/

·
Registered
761 Posts
I would use peel and seal.

I have it in my s10 and it works great. People complained online about a tar smell, but I installed it in the summer and let it air out and after about 3 days the smell was gone and has never come back.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I use to own a company selling Sound Deadener. Dynamat is the best and you pay for it. There Aluminum is the thickest on the market. Peal n seal is flamable and it wouldnt recomend it for your car.

I was doing great until Fat Mat went to ebay and was a direct price compeditor for me.

Dollar for dollar Fat Mat will be the best. Or if you want the best use Dynamat.

I even used some Dynamat in my car when i was selling my own. Like the old Dynapad that had the lead plate in it. Used over my Headers and mufflers.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
well.....

I use to own a company selling Sound Deadener. Dynamat is the best and you pay for it. There Aluminum is the thickest on the market. Peal n seal is flamable and it wouldnt recomend it for your car.

I was doing great until Fat Mat went to ebay and was a direct price compeditor for me.

Dollar for dollar Fat Mat will be the best. Or if you want the best use Dynamat.

I even used some Dynamat in my car when i was selling my own. Like the old Dynapad that had the lead plate in it. Used over my Headers and mufflers.
Dynamat is not THE best. It all depends on what application you are using the deadener for. I've used a LOT of Dynamat and the original stuff that was like peel and seal had the same tar smell. Then like peel and seal, would slowly fall off the insides of doors after a few summers. After a lot or research I went with Second Skin Damplifier Pro with my latest applications. Just google search sound deadener and start reading......
THE BEST is an impossible absolute with so many variables.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts