Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:How many sq feet of sound deadner is needed to do the floors,doors,firewall and behind the rear seat on a 3rd gen? How much did you guys buy and what is your experiences?

·
Registered
458 Posts
so far im at 36 sq ft, and only have rear wall, under back seats, under rear windows, half of the firewall, and the floor from the firewall to the beginning of the front seats, u will need another 36 sq ft to do the rest.

·
Registered
134 Posts
For my 69 I bought 120ft. of EDead 45. It did my roof, floor, firewall, rear panels under the quarter windows, and panel behind the rear seat. I have about 20 feet left. I want to do the trunk, backside of the quarter panels. rear wheel wells, and the doors. I figure I will need about 30+ more feet to get done what I want to. I can tell from what I have already done that it has made a huge difference though.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so far im at 36 sq ft, and only have rear wall, under back seats, under rear windows, half of the firewall, and the floor from the firewall to the beginning of the front seats, u will need another 36 sq ft to do the rest.
I saw a bunch of kits on ebay that were 100sqft so I guess that would be enough to do what I want?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
BTW, it is a lot easier to install if you buy those install kits all you really need is the wooden roller on the stick thing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
well this is an area where at least i have experience so i dont feel like atotal idiot posting lol. first off the quality of the sound deadener is the most important. fatmat and cheap brands out there are gonna have you regretting even thinkn about it. ive used upwards of 10 different brands and by far teh best bang for your money is second skin. better then dynamat at half the cost.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
well this is an area where at least i have experience so i dont feel like atotal idiot posting lol. first off the quality of the sound deadener is the most important. fatmat and cheap brands out there are gonna have you regretting even thinkn about it. ive used upwards of 10 different brands and by far teh best bang for your money is second skin. better then dynamat at half the cost.

Yes, dont use the cheap stuff. I spent hours laying down cheaper stuff, it the got wet somehow and I had to cut it all out.

I ended up using Raamatt, I'm still very happy with it. http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr. I personally neeeded a roll and a half for my project, but it wasnt a nova. I had read a lot of good things about it on the net before I purchased.

·
Registered
89 Posts
About how much does 100 sq ft of this stuff weigh?
yea raamat is some good stuff as well. as for the weight of the 100 sq foot...id have to look into it for you, ill call the owner tomorrow. i know it sells in 80sqft and 160 sqft packs. i used damplifier pro and spectrum sludge. i had about 400 sq feet in my 4runner and it wasnt as heavy as it looked, but it was twice as thick, if not more, then teh cheaper alternatives. to me that was the best part because i was putting down 3 layers of fatmat (equivailent) but in reality only put down 1 roll

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's pretty heavy. To some extent the more mass it has, the better it works. Some of the cheap stuff is asphalt based, if that gives you an idea of weight.
yea exactly, the asphalt based ones are a. so much harder to put on. b. messy as hell. and c. they come off and unstick at high temperatures which makes the type of mess you really really dont want to have to clean up

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Which Second Skin product did you use, it looks like they have several different models of this stuff?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts