Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for some opinions options for installing some sound deadening material in my nova. Has anyone use some of the spray on products that come in a rattle can. What about the spray on flex seal ?.

seems like you could get coverage that one would probably not get with stick on mats. Anyone have any thoughts on this, thanks gents

·
Registered
336 Posts
That link wasn't much of a 'showdown'. If you want quality sound deadening it's going to cost more than a few rattle cans of any product. If you want something that is spray-on and really works, check out Lizard Skin. You can find it at all the major distributors, Jegs, Summit, Eastwood & even Amazon. There are plenty of You Tube videos to watch also.
If you want to go all out, use the spray-on heat insulation as well! Click the Lizard Skin link here.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I did Hush Mat from my back glass all the way to the top of the firewall and then did the roof. After putting the hush mat on the fire wall I went back with some of the 1/2 inch foam from the top of the firewall down. I started to put some kind of volara foam in the floor and roof but didn't. If I do another I will. While my car heats and cools you can hear road noise and the engine. It's not obnoxious but you can hear everything. I do have a fairly healthy small block. I haven't experimented with the Lizard Skin line of products and I don't guess I have ever seen a car in person that was done with it. I did look at it when doing my car but decided to do what we always do when building a car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I used a full kit from Quiet Ride Solutions in my wagon. Very nice kit, but not the least expensive way to go. I got a smokin' deal because they wanted to pattern my 65 Comet.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I used the roof patching rolls of stuff from Home Depot, while it works I wouldn't recommend it. On a hot day with the windows up it starts to get a little funky with the asphalt smell. It is getting better though, been a year or 2 and I can barely smell it now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts