Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The scratched up steering wheel is enough to disqualify this as a showcar, followed closely by the mess of wiring on the firewall. The shifter boot has no trim ring to hold it in place, so I guess it just moves with the shifter:rolleyes:. Not much attention to detail. This car was born a six cylinder Sport Coupe. I don't think he's going to get $26,000 for it:rolleyes:.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966...7981071?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item25793f4b0f

Bob

·
13,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the VIN tag OK? Looks messed with enough to make me nervous.
I noticed that, too. The numbers are still visible and match the VIN given at the top of the ad, but not sure how they got scratched like that.

Bob

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
That vin tag is more then just a little scratched. A vin that scratched could cause problems later and may require a blue tag in its place.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
May be those will disagree with me but you will never get "deal" buying from a dealer. It just doesn't work that way. i don't think the car is worth 26K either but the dealer is going to make his over head on his inventory and that will drive the price up by 25+ %.
I'm reminded when reading dealers descriptions it is much like the Real Estate ad that say the home is bright and airy. Translation , no windows and large holes in the walls.

JMO

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
May be those will disagree with me but you will never get "deal" buying from a dealer. It just doesn't work that way. i don't think the car is worth 26K either but the dealer is going to make his over head on his inventory and that will drive the price up by 25+ %.
I'm reminded when reading dealers descriptions it is much like the Real Estate ad that say the home is bright and airy. Translation , no windows and large holes in the walls.

JMO
I agree and noticed the seller.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I agree with Bob, just too many small things wrong with this car for the money. Not bad shape but not worth $26k and definitely not a showcar.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
SERIOUSLY, WHY DID HE SHOW UNDERNEATH THE CAR! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
I hope this 'show car' sells for $26k - then I will know that my car is worth $30k:rolleyes:.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts