Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Newbie here. So been on the hunt for a gen 3 Nova for awhile now and think I found "the one". Been my dream car since HS lol. Anyways this is a 71 Nova supposedly 383 stroker 3spd auto with mini tub. Car is not perfect but perfect for me. I think. I don't know a whole ton about it but am trying my best to figure it all out. The guy who owned it passed away and his family is selling it so they have limited info on it. One of my biggest ?'s is the mini tub and if it's done correctly. Based on the picture it looks like it's missing the tubs and maybe just the shock was moved over and leaf pack removed. Any thoughts ?
Anything I should look out for or be aware of ? Also is their a easy way to tell if it's actually a 383 ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
From what I can see in your pictures it looks like the leaf springs have been replaced by a ladder bar setup, hard to tell if it has been mini tubbed from the pic you posted. Regarding the engine, to my knowledge there isn't an 'easy' way to tell if it's a 383 or not. I hope this helps.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts