Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As of last night my son is in Childrens hospital ICU.....again :eek: with status elipticus from uncontrollable seizures, he was in Nov 26th for the same resulting in a stay and recovery as well.

I am a staunch believer in it is not so much the type or severity of our challenges, but the way we manage them and put them behind us. With my boy's issues, my injury this year, and some people who passsed before their time in our family & friend circle, these have brought significant challenges to our family and friends. I also acknowledge the challenges of the SNS members on the site dealing with their significant family/friend health situations.

We will be happy to see 2011 in the rearview mirror, grabbing gears with the pedal down looking forward to 2012.
Onward and upward. Stay positive. Day by day..

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Prayer sent for the rapid and full recovery for your son. The past few years have all been bad around here too. Hoping 2012 improves.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Hang in there Shaun.
Speedy recovery to Caden. we'll be thinking of you.
Leftcoast Carl

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
He is stable on Medazolam now, a boat load of it:(. Heavily sedated.:sleep:
Fantastic care in ICU.Once he holds the stability he will be moved from ICU to the ward. Hopefully soon as it will take 4-5 days to get him down off medazolam to asses him for any discharge possibilities..Staff have me set up with laptop by his side, such great people.

Thanks for support and thoughts...:yes:

2012 will be the year of many sets tires cooked as I seek balance and an outlet from the 2011 challenges.

Day by day, stay positve..:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
I was so sorry to hear about your many problems.You will be in my prayers.I'm like you and am ready to get the new year started and this year behind us.

·
Registered
8,013 Posts
Holy crap!!! :eek:

This really sucks Shaun. :(

No time of year is right for family issues like this and especially around Christmas. :(

This may sound like idle words at a time like this but I really do wish you and your family a better and Merry Christmas.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
sometimes i think God wants us closer to him ,, so he brings us to our knees ,,, my grand daughter needed a liver transplant ,,, even after she was out of surgery for the transplant ,, she required several more surgeries ,,, 14 in 18 monthes ,,, now she is fine ,, her scars are healing

they didn't give her a chance so many times ,,, she would smile with a ventilator stuck down her throat ,,,,

now she is so much better

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hope and prayers go out to you and your family for a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
IT'S DEFINITELY BEEN A TRYING FOR YOU THIS SEASON, I CAN ONLY WISH YA THE BEST IN THE NEW YEAR, MY PRAYERS :pray: ARE WITH YOU BRO. :yes:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts