Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at local cruise in. Headed home turned on head lights right turn lit up in dash. Stopped right front turn was on. Turn on right turn and front doesn't blink but both backs do. Left works fine. Turn lights off both work normal.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like one of your light bulb elements broke and fused to the other element. I've run into this problem several times in the past. When you turn on the lights, they're grounding through the feed for the turn signals (back feeding through the right signal and illuminating the indicator). Check your 1157 bulbs starting on the right side. Look for the two elements touching.

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
Sounds like one of your light bulb elements broke and fused to the other element. I've run into this problem several times in the past. When you turn on the lights, they're grounding through the feed for the turn signals (back feeding through the right signal and illuminating the indicator). Check your 1157 bulbs starting on the right side. Look for the two elements touching.
I've never heard of this happening but it is GREAT info to have. This is what makes this site so useful to those of us that are just starting our project cars. THANKS!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was at local cruise in. Headed home turned on head lights right turn lit up in dash. Stopped right front turn was on. Turn on right turn and front doesn't blink but both backs do. Left works fine. Turn lights off both work normal.
Ok, Changed all lamps cleaned all terminals. Still the same thing. But wait why was four way button depressed, don't know never used or even seen if they work. They don't work but with them off everything is back to normal. Thanks to all. Now need to fix four ways:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts