Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done the somernites cruise in Ky.? Did it a few times last year and it is pretty jam up. Usually brings in well over 1,000 cars for the day then a good cruise at night. Will probably hit several this summer since they are once a month. Would be fun to meet a few more people if anyone in the area is close enough.

link: http://www.somernitescruise.com/events.aspx

·
Registered
714 Posts
Looks a pretty good trip. I would like to make it up there sometime this summer.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will pencil in for June as well, some of you guys might start shopping around for a motel, as it does get pretty crowded and it is a small town. If you are having trouble let me know 'cause I can tell you where else to try if you are staying the night. Russell Springs or Jamestown is good and less than 1/2 hr away.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Trbulnc said:
I will pencil in for June as well, some of you guys might start shopping around for a motel, as it does get pretty crowded and it is a small town. If you are having trouble let me know 'cause I can tell you where else to try if you are staying the night. Russell Springs or Jamestown is good and less than 1/2 hr away.
Thanks. I looked at the hotel situation and most were booked up. Are they gonna have it on the Fathers Day weekend? Next weekend.
JR :)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JR said:
Thanks. I looked at the hotel situation and most were booked up. Are they gonna have it on the Fathers Day weekend? Next weekend.
JR :)

May 27th and June 24th are the upcoming weekends. Shoot me a pm if you can't find somewhere or anyone else needing some lodging info as the g/f is from that area and we are down there often. She knows where most everything is and can get you as close as possible. Last month had over 900 cars for the 1st gathering....cool event if you have never been, very well organized and fun.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Ok...gotta get me a toy trailer so I can bring the Nova out, sounds fun.

My grandparents had a tobacco/dairy farm in Crab Orchard near Somerset....my Aunt & Uncle live there now.
Lots of family there and in Ohio.

Some of the nicest folks around in those parts.

Wayne Weaver

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I went this Saturday. I took my everyday driver but it was pretty cool. I got up there late so I only got to see the parade and then the cruising through town. It reminded me of the rod run in Pigeon Forge. I'll take my 66 up there in June looks really fun.

·
Registered
14 Posts
be sure to check either the best western (cheap) or the dreamland motel in columbia. we are just 35 minutes west of somerset. i should have my 72 painted in time to make the june 24 show.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts