Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I know the person who did the restoration, and he is a Yenko expert. I can assure you it is correct. If anyone is truly interested in the car, pm me and I can get you in touch with the restorer. This person is probably the foremost expert in the country on Yenkos, and he knows what he is doing. It may not be cheap, but it is correct. He is also a member on this site.

·
13,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the person who did the restoration, and he is a Yenko expert. I can assure you it is correct. If anyone is truly interested in the car, pm me and I can get you in touch with the restorer. This person is probably the foremost expert in the country on Yenkos, and he knows what he is doing. It may not be cheap, but it is correct. He is also a member on this site.
I'm not questioning Ken's knowledge of Yenko's and his ability to restore them. I respect him in everyway and he's a great knowledge resource on this site, but I'm always amazed when these kinds of cars show up on Ebay. As discussed here many times, people who have the money and interest in rare cars like this usually know where they are and who owns them. Does anybody remember a car selling on Ebay when the bidding started at $95,000?

Bob

·
13,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If only it had three pedals Bob!
Dave
67 Nova Boy
Actually, the THM400 Deuces are way rarer than the 4 speeds. According to Yenko.net, only 53 cars out of the 175 built were automatics. In many cases they were faster than the 4 speeds, which is why Fred Gibb ordered all his L78's as automatics. My 1970 L78 Nova SS was a THM400 with 4.10 rear gears and I wouldn't have traded it for a 4 speed. Funner isn't always faster:D.

Bob

·
Registered
315 Posts
If nothing else, he has gotten a few more people to look at it and talk about it!
Cheap advertising on eBay....

·
13,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think the asking price is at all unreasonable. This is a rare, documented Deuce restored by Yenko expert Ken Schoenthaler (a member here at SNS). There have been Deuce's equal to this one that have sold for more. The seller will probably take less than $159,000, which could be a great buy for a Yenko collector. With bidding starting at $95,000:rolleyes:, this car isn't likely to sell on Ebay, but the word will be out that it's for sale and it will likely change hands post auction.

Bob

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I don't think the asking price is at all unreasonable. This is a rare, documented Deuce restored by Yenko expert Ken Schoenthaler (a member here at SNS). There have been Deuce's equal to this one that have sold for more. The seller will probably take less than $159,000, which could be a great buy for a Yenko collector. With bidding starting at $95,000:rolleyes:, this car isn't likely to sell on Ebay, but the word will be out that it's for sale and it will likely change hands post auction.

Bob
Why is Gil listing it if Ken did the car? Gil usually does his own cars right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts