Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, chevy guys. I'm restoring chevy nova and as I am in Europe, there are not a lot such cars or chevy guru's around me :( So I hope to find some help here. As I managed to find out, my nova has swapped 6.6l V8 400cid engine from chevelle as it has CSU code. We want to rebuild the engine fully, but we faced some problems. Can't find any codes on pistons or connecting rods and I need all of them new.
I'll attach some photos of engine head and pistons with connecting rods. Maybe somebody can help me find out what exactly pistons and connecting rods do I need and what eshop has them?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Got pictures of the block and the casting numbers?
The CSU is a 1974 400 small block, low compression 175 hp motor. You can buy pistons to match whatever rods you want to run.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Like Mike said just find what ever piston and size you want. Factory bore is 4.125" and factory rod length is 5.565" I believe. You can run a 2 valve or 4 valve factory relief. Those are low compression dished pistons. Just make sure your piston is for the right rod length again like Mike said. I have 6" Scat rods for my 400 sbc build.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take a photo of block casting numbers and will post it a little bit later?
Does anybody has manual of this engine and can tell how much cubic inches has this head or what is compression ratio of this engine? As we look for pistons in e shops, they differ by the cubic inches of the head. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I'll take a photo of block casting numbers and will post it a little bit later?
Does anybody has manual of this engine and can tell how much cubic inches has this head or what is compression ratio of this engine? As we look for pistons in e shops, they differ by the cubic inches of the head. Thanks in advance
Those are 882 heads with 76cc chambers. Not a good head if you are seeking horsepower. Stock compression was about 8.3:1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts