Chevy Nova Forum banner

101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
After almost 5 years it's done ,except AC & sterio. My insurance hasn't come threw yet so it's KILLIN me not to drive it. I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you, for all the help you have given me over the years. I'll get some better pic's later.
Thanks, Rick
url=https://flic.kr/p/X1EzQG]
[/url]IMG_0294 by Rick Hocking, on Flickr
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
WOW! So VERY nice! Beautiful ! Awesome !

Can I go for a ride with ya? :) .... seriously, what a sweet heart, your going to have SO much fun in it now.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
this is another fine example of pictures not doing justice. there are so many cool, trick things on this car... you have to really see it in person to appreciate. :yes:

Excellent Job Rick!!! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
That is beautiful! GREAT WORK!!!!!

what tail lights are you using I really like those!

What type of material are you using for the door trim/cover Not what I see but what your attaching your material to... well OK and what is the material that I see? LOL

Great build!

Mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rick,

All I can say is, "Stellar Build!" This thing is clean, simple, functional, and did I mention clean?

This is the exact motor and tranny setup I am going to install in my '67. Would you build me the trans tunnel (I have cash, LOL)? With all the LS conversions being built, you should make the tunnel a kit and sell them. I would be first on the list. Seriously, somebody needs to offer these for those who don't want to run the auto.

What front clip did you go with? If it is a Heidts, what motor mounts did you go with?

Once again, awesome build. You and your son should hold your heads high with pride.

Peace,
RT

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
Rick,

All I can say is, "Stellar Build!" This thing is clean, simple, functional, and did I mention clean?

This is the exact motor and tranny setup I am going to install in my '67. Would you build me the trans tunnel (I have cash, LOL)? With all the LS conversions being built, you should make the tunnel a kit and sell them. I would be first on the list. Seriously, somebody needs to offer these for those who don't want to run the auto.

Once again, awesome build. You and your son should hold your heads high with pride.

Peace,
RT

Group Buy! Group Buy!!:yes::yes::yes::D

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #116 (Edited)
The clip is a TCI IFS about 3 years old,made my own mounting plates and used stock ,short ,small block motor mounts.

The tunnel took some work,first cut a BIG A-- hole,I ended up cutting it all the way to the seat belt supports. Measure from the floor over the hump back to the floor on both the big end and small end. Then get a length,drew it out on some cardboard. Looks like a big ice cream cone, divie up both ends in equal parts,draw the break lines,score along the lines and fold. Then Fit it to the floor,trace it to your sheet metal. Then you kind of need a break for the bends. I tried to just roll it but that didn't work,I used pretty thick tin and I think the breaks made it even stronger.Fit it to the floor and trace the out line on the floor.I cut the floor so they would over lap 1/2" ,tack weld the inside then hammered the under side against the tunnel and welded the under side. Made the box for the shifter and cut it in. I hope that kinda makes sense.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Your build kind of reminds me of Novette a little, if it was all black or dark gray. Your car has a similar stance, blacked out window trim w/tinted windows, and the center console if you went with a late model radio.

Hope you take it as a compliment.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts