Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Looks like you are getting closer to driving.

What did you find out on the shifter?

Your headliner looks great. Did you build the console?

Great looking work there!
Getting the F-body cup socket for the end of the shift shaft when I go to Detroit next week. I made the sides of the console out of 1/2" MDF and a real lite angle iron frame at the top

Just came access this. What a great build. On the electrical. Who did you go with? Is that AAW? Was that 18 or 21 circuit? how did you like the adaptability with the Engine harness?

AAW highway 21, I had my harness redone by Speartech,so there was only about 4 wires to hook up to make it run. I think it made it a lot easier
to wire than the ones with all the wires already attached.

Nice looking interior...headliner is great. What aftermarket seat mounts are you using there?
I have Procar 90 seats & brackets.I cut the brackets up to make them as low as possible.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Where does a guy find cool dash knobs like those?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Where does a guy find cool dash knobs like those?
The knobs are SOCAL,put in a drill & scotch brited. A girl at work made me the bezels , she has a CNC laser at home.There just 1/8" black plex,laser etched with the letters,filled the letters with paint & rebuffed.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for the compliments guys!!
Progress has been slow ,but I'm getting there. I'm going to the Dream Cruise next week so I'm a little short on funds. I did get the head liner & carpet in,and some carpet left over to make floor mats, I have a buddy that can bind the edges.thanks again.

Great work, must be getting anxious. Do you have any details on the console? What did you use, what are you finishing it with? Any pics of how you put it together? I think this is my winter project, I need a console and am torn between covering it in vynyl like the seats or painting to match dash.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Great work, must be getting anxious. Do you have any details on the console? What did you use, what are you finishing it with? Any pics of how you put it together? I think this is my winter project, I need a console and am torn between covering it in vynyl like the seats or painting to match dash.
Not much to it really,the sides are 1/2" MDF and I bent some 18 gauge for the angle iron frame, the sides will be vinyl and the top aluminum probably painted.

9C903B85-8F8E-46DD-BC32-9A687557C774 by Rick Hocking, on Flickr

5D2B8FBE-B23E-4DCD-B9EB-CB260B450392 by Rick Hocking, on Flickr

CAC5D784-7613-45D7-9716-D31E61B6DEB5 by Rick Hocking, on Flickr

1A534A25-88FC-42F3-A880-AC43B92493FD by Rick Hocking, on Flickr

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
Not much to it really,the sides are 1/2" MDF and I bent some 18 gauge for the angle iron frame, the sides will be vinyl and the top aluminum probably painted.
Just seeing the bent angle iron frames (not to mention the rest of the car), I can tell you do great work.

Will that be a TV or GPS at the front of the console? Have you considered the center to be a brushed aluminum with the sides covered in the same color material to match the seats? That would give it a retro-modern look.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Just seeing the bent angle iron frames (not to mention the rest of the car), I can tell you do great work.

Will that be a TV or GPS at the front of the console? Have you considered the center to be a brushed aluminum with the sides covered in the same color material to match the seats? That would give it a retro-modern look.
Not sure what I'm doin for tunes, I'll have to add to the frame when I decide.
Black vinyl to match the seats on the sides,the center will be brushed or painted.
Thanks for the replys, guys.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
Rick, i'm so glad i got the chance to stop in at your place when i was out that way. seeing your car i knew right away what i was seeing... over the top. your car is definitely in my top 5. :thumbsup: you and your son have done such a totally bitchen job. i can't wait to see more progress pics. :yes:

seeing pics posted in your thread i'll still know what i'm lookin' at having seen your car in person... pics are great, but they just don't do justice to what you have done. :no: hopefully when i'm out your way next year it'll be done. :thumbsup:

JR (Two) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Hey RUSTY, hows your car coming along ?
It's an F-body shifter, all I had to do was switch out the long shifter cup for a short F-body one, very simple.

FLYER
Thanks for the compliments,your welcome to stop by any time.

Weather strip showed up yesterday,and the glass should be here next week,so it's time to start gettin the out side back together.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Nice looking carpet kit in that as well, really like the color.

If it is a kit, what brand is it? Looks great, as does the rest of the project.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I can't stop drooling. :yes:
I've seen shots of this project from the past while it was in primer. Nice progress and excellent work.

What is the fuel filler cap you are using?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I just bought carpet by the yard, gun metal, my buddy does carpet for a living,commercial & residential,not cars, and helped me out.I should say I helped him, he did most of it. Had enough carpet to make floor mats too.
My buddy had the edges bound at a place he uses .

The gas cap is from Eddie Motor Sports.

Thanks again for the reply's.

41 - 60 of 148 Posts