Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After that curse of bad luck we had, I finally made 4 clean passes with out breaking any thing, raced in the Nine Inch Nightmare class tonight.
It felt good again finally.....Had lots of fun, going again tomorrow afternoon to test and tune. ..:yes: Heck I may even try the new trans brake.
The pictures below were foot breaking from an idle.
Tonights best run was a 1.43 with a 6.59 in the 1/8th. It made my night!
Even met a SNS member tonight, klleetrucking from South Carolina was visiting in Maryland tonight, went to the the track and walked over and said your John, right? Recognized my car from pics on SNS. How cool is that? Thanks for stopping by Lee. Keep in touch! Travel Safe....

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Good deal, making passes and meeting new faces. It doesn't get much better than that. Sweet launch too. RM

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Very cool! Nice launch. We may show up to spectate this evening. If I see your car I will come over and say hi. I am hoping my cousin shows up with his OPS nova. I see on 75-80 website that he has run it there this year in OPS.

Also was there an older silver RX7 running in your class? Thats a friend of mine. He is hitting that poor little cast piston 350 with a 250 shot. I keep waiting to get the word that it blew up. But he has been doing it for over 2 years now and it still hasnt blown up! :eek:

·
Registered
75 Posts
you might of posted this before but i looked and could not find it but what is the setup on this car im very impressed great looking car with real serious power

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool! Nice launch. We may show up to spectate this evening. If I see your car I will come over and say hi. I am hoping my cousin shows up with his OPS nova. I see on 75-80 website that he has run it there this year in OPS.

Also was there an older silver RX7 running in your class? Thats a friend of mine. He is hitting that poor little cast piston 350 with a 250 shot. I keep waiting to get the word that it blew up. But he has been doing it for over 2 years now and it still hasnt blown up! :eek:

That RX7 is so cool, has the sticker on it that says "NOT AN LS1"
I have not seen that car make a clean pass in a while, he has broke every week I think, left axel, then right axel. even last night BROKE first pass.
I wish him no harm by saying this, but with as much as i have broken this season already.....BETTER HIM THAN ME!

Thanks for all comments guys, the nine inch tire class had 12 cars last night. its a very competitive class at 6.50 index heads up on a pro tree.

We can thank a SNS member NW07 "BOBBY" for taking such great photos and being a great pit pal.

·
Registered
152 Posts
After that curse of bad luck we had, I finally made 4 clean passes with out breaking any thing, raced in the Nine Inch Nightmare class tonight.
It felt good again finally.....Had lots of fun, going again tomorrow afternoon to test and tune. ..:yes: Heck I may even try the new trans brake.
The pictures below were foot breaking from an idle.
Tonights best run was a 1.43 with a 6.59 in the 1/8th. It made my night!
Even met a SNS member tonight, klleetrucking from South Carolina was visiting in Maryland tonight, went to the the track and walked over and said your John, right? Recognized my car from pics on SNS. How cool is that? Thanks for stopping by Lee. Keep in touch! Travel Safe....

what was the mph? My niva ran a 6.52 , 143.1 60 ft at 104.66. Are cars are real close.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
but what about the setup?

Sorry.... I have two BBC motors, how ever last night's set up was:

"Plane Jane" Oval port Iron Headed, 2 bolt 454 BBC with decent pistons, dual plane intake.electric water pump and a 850 double pumper carb. Single stage plate 150 shot. Has its own fuel system up front for the jug.
Powerglide with a brake 1.82 first gear (not using the brake)
Narrowed 9 inch with a detroit locker and 4.33's. ANti-roll bar.etc....

100% Calvert Racing Suspension, split mono-leafs, Caltrac bars, Calvert 90/10's up front and Rancho's in the rear. Stock front end with Moroso Springs.
Full Exhaust, BIG 2 1/4 inch headers, 3 inch with flow masters, and turn downs at the axel.

Foot breaking launched at idel, the plate kicks on at WOT. Shifting at 6000.

100% street legal, driven to shows and grocery's, tagged and insured.
All steel except hood and bumpers, full interior, even has a back set.
10 point cage, all saftey equipment
NHRA certified to 8.50 as of Aprill 2009

What else you want to know... Just ask.

The "PLANE JAN 454" Old photo, everything the same except the headers

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
that's awesome man! 75-80 thats close to my buddy's house, he's about 25 mins away in lovettsville. He's at the track every friday night. Your car leaves hard on them 9" slicks!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on the new best and the killer hard launch, what happend with the other motor?
The other motor was CURSED.... Blew a head gasket, cylinder # 4 has some minor issues. Got pissed, pulled it out and installled the spare and went racing.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Congrats on the good outing.
You car leaves hard!
Good to see them running at 75-80 again!

·
Registered
262 Posts
John,

Looks and sounds likr you have things figured out and it looks great.

Have you made any NA passes ???? if so what were your results

Phil

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
75/80

Good to have met you John, to bad your night went away but you didn't break anything and that's always good.
I went back Sat. night and I think I saw you again but without your car.
It's good the track is back open as it's an icon from the '60s.
Here's:beer1: to your continued success. K.Lee

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Good to have met you John, to bad your night went away but you didn't break anything and that's always good.
I went back Sat. night and I think I saw you again but without your car.
It's good the track is back open as it's an icon from the '60s.
Here's:beer1: to your continued success. K.Lee
K.Lee Yes i saw you Saturday night, I didnt take the car like I had planned, My buddies talked me out of it, said save it for next friday night. My mechanic/good friend Dave runs in OPS, I was running the video camcorder for him and I was hanging with Matt and Bob and other NIN Racers. Again it was great to meet you. Stop by or let me know next time you head this way. Thanks for the beer. Keep in touch.:cool:

John,

Looks and sounds likr you have things figured out and it looks great.

Have you made any NA passes ???? if so what were your results

Phil
Hey Phil I got your Email today. Then I saw this post.

Yes I made one motor pass as a shake down test before the event started and I will have to go look at the slip, but I think it was a 7.0. I think I could have pushed it harder. Hard to say with only one N/A pass for the night. Only seat time will tell.
I want to test and tune on the motor trying the trans brake.
We will see what happens. I will keep you posted.

Thanks to everyone else who commented. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts