Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to uprade the tires on our 70 L78 TH400 car....tried a couple different sizes and ended up with Firestone Indy 500 Firehawk's. We have these on the yellow car and they perform well.

We went with 225/70/15 on the front and 235/70/15 on the rear...these are good looking tires.

wilma

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Decided to uprade the tires on our 70 L78 TH400 car....tried a couple different sizes and ended up with Firestone Indy 500 Firehawk's. We have these on the yellow car and they perform well.

We went with 225/70/15 on the front and 235/70/15 on the rear...these are good looking tires.

wilma
looks good!

does the car normally sit that high or did it just come off the lift?

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
70 l78...

It did just come off the lift...but , it does sit a little higher in the front than stock. I put a taller BB spring to give that old school look....a lot of the drag cars back in the day had a nose up appearance. It is a cool old survivor....born with driveline and 33,000 original miles. We added a 163 hi-rise, 850vs Holley, headers, 4 core radiator, freshened up the front suspension, new leaf springs and air shocks. The Lakewood bars are the original "Traction-action" units that were on the car...we took them off cleaned and blasted and re-painted. The car really runs and the hi-shift point TH400 trans is amazing...it upshifts at 6300 rpms and snaps your neck:D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1970 th400..

Took her out for a nice drive today....the new tires handle good and they are lot smoother than those vintage Polyglas models. If someone needs some old school tires for "the look" let me know.

wilma

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
long hose..

That is actually the correct factory position for the hose...it should be a little shorter and be attached to a bracket that mounts to the pass. side front carb stud. If you look on my website on egine shots form the various cars you will see what I mean. The pass. side valve cover usually had a breather hose connected to the air cleaner as well...I am using a non-factory air cleaner that doesn't have the tube. I guess we could also route the hose behind the carb and make it less obvious. Hope things are going well for you Pat...

wilma:D

·
Super Moderator
9,776 Posts
Wow! I didn't know that. I figured since cost is king, they'd use a short hose...go figure. It probably gives some extra distance for the oil to fall out of the fumes so less ends up in the carb. Maybe?

Hey, did you use those heads yet?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts