Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of swapping a 350 into my 65 Sedan, when I had the thought of putting solid motor mounts in.

My thought was it would prevent the headers from hitting the engine compartment when the motor revs. I am not planning on a huge super engine, just your basic cam intake and headers combo.

My question is what are the advantages and disadvantages of running solid motor mounts??

Thanks

-Rob

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
sometimes you may get vibrations with solid motor mounts....i prefer polyurethane motor mounts because they are a compremise between solid and rubber....IMO

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm running Moroso solid mounts on my '65. It does vibrate more but doesn't bother me at all. The only thing I noticed was it was a pain in the butt to bolt the motor in the car. I had to leave the mounts loose at the block, tighten the mount up at the frame and then go back and tighten the bolts at the block. Otherwise I was about a 1/2 inch off.

·
Premium Member
8,405 Posts
"Best of" Archive has a thread on Solid Motor mounts.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I have some poly mounts that are pretty nice. And they are made so you wont get a pull though, plates in the rubber prevent a total rubber mount. And I have cranked the engine up high and there is no noticeable engine movement. The car pulls over, but the engine in relation to the other components is firm. Oh, my mounts are black energy suspension mounts. JR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts