Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funds will not support a solid roller setup at this time, but I'd like to go a little quicker this year. The small hyd roller has only gotten me to mid 11's.

Is it possible to put a solid flat tappet cam in a Gen VI 454 BBC? I don't see any specific applications for them, but I think it has to do with the timing gear bolt circle.

Will I be able to find a thin enough timing set to fit behind the timing cover?

Are there problems with the taller hyd roller lifter bores?

I'd like to try a Lunati 402A6. 255/263 @ .050, 288/296adv, 107lsa, .612/.630 lift
It might be a little too big, but for a few hundred dollars it could be a whole lot of fun for the summer. Is there a better choice for my combo?

Current cam/valvetrain:
Lunati Voodoo Hyd roller cam(231/239 @ .050, 282/290adv, 110lsa,.600/.600 lift),Manley chromoly pushrods, Harland Sharpe Roller Rockers(1.7 ratio), Comp 914 springs with DelWest TI retainers. I installed them at 1.860" which gives me 146# on the seat and 372# over the nose. Stock hyd roller lifters, dogbones and spider.

Probably need to step up the springs a little???

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
but for a few hundred dollars it could be a whole lot of fun for the summer. Is there a better choice for my combo?
Why not just stick another hyd. roller in there?

The springs you have are barely adequate for that cam when new, how much time is on them?--the optional spring from Lunati has 155 on the seat, and the next one up is 160.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not just stick another hyd. roller in there?

The springs you have are barely adequate for that cam when new, how much time is on them?--the optional spring from Lunati has 155 on the seat, and the next one up is 160.

Im not opposed to another hyd roller, but I'm using all stock stuff now. Any more lift and I have to go with high perf lifters. New lifters alone would be more than a solid FT setup.

The springs have about 500 miles and about 75 passes on them.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
I have done it on SBC.. never bbc.... with the factory roller block.

Would be a good question for the cam company you choose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts