Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Orange

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Black

Votes: 79 82.3%

Soliciting Opinions

19K views 40 replies 37 participants last post by  bpredman 
#1 ·
OK guys, I have a dilemma that most 4th Gen owners only dream about. I have three SS/Rally Grilles, painted/molded three different colors, and I'm trying to decide which is best.

Although I plan to keep all three, I would like some reaction as to which one the folks on the forum prefer, as it may help me decide which one to run more often than the others.

Here are the options:

Option 1: Silver with Tangelo "Nova SS" emblem. Most of you have seen this, but here's a pic just to jog your memory:

Option 2: Orange with no emblem. This grille was made for me by "76SS" on this forum, who did an unbelievable job, and molded in orange resin. I know, the colors don't exactly match, so I am considering painting it to match the body color. So, with this option, use your imagination, and think about the grille being the same color as the hood:

Option 3: Black with a Black "Nova SS" emblem:

Look forward to your thoughts on this subject. Thanks,

J

See less See more
#3 ·
I like the black one just sets better with the orange on the car (the contrast of it looks good) the silver doesnt look as good, and the orange grill probably would look better if it matched the color of the car though...
but im partial to black! its a good color on a car.
My buddy here at work likes the look of the orange though :D

#16 ·
In my opinion (and I'm only saying because you asked for them) black looks best, silver looks good, but the orange grill and the orange emblem (on any of the grills) look cheesy at best. That's a good looking car no need to rice it out.

Again it's just my opinion, it's your car. Go with your gut. :)

#19 ·
OK guys appreciate your comments. Obviously, the overwhelming front runner in this poll is the black grille, though there has been some support for silver as well.

Though the pics don't reveal it, the silver grille is of a little bit lower quality than the black grille or the orange grille, both of which are pretty much perfect. The silver grille is what I would call "driver quality". Looks nice but not without its issues. . . .

My intention is to keep the silver grille on for daily driving purposes, and install the black grille for car shows.

I'm not giving up on the orange grille idea, though, because I think it still has some merit. This is a custom car and that orange grille pushes even a little further into the "custom" aspect of the car. Besides, I have the extra grille, and I don't want it just sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

The other option not listed is a chrome grille much like the original Nova Rally grilles. I've only seen one of these in recent years that was worthy of installing on a car, but if I ran across one I would give it some serious consideration. Or, if anyone knows of an affordable electro-plater that will do an outdoor part like a grille, let me know.

Thanks for the input. This definitely helps me make some aesthetic decisions going forward.

J

#25 ·
Is that orange grill semi-clear?
I dont know about the orange grill at all. If it actually matched the orange color on the car, then maybe, but IMO, it doesnt belong on the car.

If it was my car, the issue wouldnt have even come up. The Black wins my vote hands down. One thing that would really set the black grill off, would be if you could find some way to chrome up the edges of it so it would match the headlights.

The Silver grill does look good with the rest of the car. Flows pretty good with the rest of the paint job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.