Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale.
Never used just removed from bag for these pics. Purchased from PUI as 1972 Nova High Back Bucket seat upholstery coverings PUI Part # 72XS10U. Only used the rear seat covers after buying Pro Car Buckets.
Vendor listed today for over $300 USD will sell to SNS Member for $150 + Shipping USD. ($200 + Shipping CDN).
Send me a PM if interested. Big pic -scroll over to see all 4 pieces.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For sale.
Never used just removed from bag for these pics. Purchased from PUI as 1972 Nova High Back Bucket seat upholstery coverings PUI Part # 72XS10U. Only used the rear seat covers after buying Pro Car Buckets.
Vendor listed today for over $300 USD will sell to SNS Member for $150 + Shipping USD. ($200 + Shipping CDN).
Send me a PM if interested. Big pic -scroll over to see all 4 pieces.
View attachment 406978
How do you like the Pro Car Buckets?? Do you need to install seat mounting brackets to the floor to mount seats? Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
Pro Car Seats are okay, really.
I mean, they're good looking seats, they certainly look good and fit nice - in a 3rd gen, at least. They also perform the job for what they were intended at quite a reasonable price while being available to everyone. Try buying a set of original Nova Buckets in all new condition at a reasonable price, if they are even available. And I'm not talking just new covers here.

Now some cons.

The quality of their vinyl covered seats give you the feeling they may not last much more than a short number of years relative to the factory seats before they finally split or the upholstery gives up under the weight of your large asset. I only had mine now for about three years (installed one year before I put it on the road) but I store my car for 6 months and mileage is low (less than 2,000 miles/year). I expect I'll get another 5-8 years before problems appear at this current useage rate. That may be okay for you or may not.

You run the risk of receiving two passenger or even two driver's seats instead of one of each. Maybe you can afford to ship one back and have the patience to wait and trust but I didn't and kept both passenger seats I received. What's the impact? The setback adjuster is located on the inside (right hand side) in the driver's position. A pain when trying to get into the rear seat but not the worst thing to happen in my long life. It still fits correctly and I accept the extra effort it presents.

The Pro-Car mounting apparatus is expensive for what it is but it certainly does fit assuming you get EXACTLY the right set for your car. Shop carefully!

Highly recommend you weld-in the 3 required bucket seat floor supports the factory originally installs and as found in many of the aftermarket catalogs for these cars. You'll see them in your Nova Factory Servicer Manual. These seats can and do get installed by just bolting the Pro-Car mounting apparatus to the floor but that is a shortcut that is not safe in an accident. Your seat, your passengers or both can and likely will, be ripped-out of the floor without a three point seal belt harness holding you in place. The other problem is they might break-down through the floor someday, under that same large asset mentioned before if the floor pan is not brand new (strong) metal.

There you have it.
I'm not saying they're bad; they're not! They're really quite good. I'm just giving you my honest impression as you asked for. Now you get to make up your own mind.

So, wanna buy a set of original factory design bucket seat covers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
.Thanks for all the Pros and Cons. I do not have any Front Seats. I bought the Car without Front Seats (bench seat) its not a SS. Cheapest way is to buy Pro Car Buckets. I will be selling my 72 Nova once completed. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts