Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok SoCal guys who is going to go with me to the Az BBQ on June 6.
It is far enough away to make plans if you are able to go.

Charlie, Vince, Lyndon, Al, Mark ? Any of you able to go?

Anyone else from SoCal or even NorCal able to go?

Anyone from the Vegas area able to go?

Here is a link to the thread. If you need more info ask Steve. He and a couple of others are setting it up

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1051110#post1051110

Hope I am not the only one to represent the SoCal area.

They make it out to our BBQ. So I think we need to help them get theirs started.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Wade,

Thanks for help spreading the word, I'm not expecting alot of Cali folks...but if you guys could make it that would be cool. I have an ad placed on www.cruisinarizona.com website also.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Let's see, it should only be in the low 100's around that time of June:eek: I'll check if the wife is interested in visiting my family in Tucson that week, sounds like a cool trip for me:yes: I let you guys know.

James Y.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The more the merrier

They make it out to our BBQ. So I think we need to help them get theirs started.[/QUOTE]

I for one would sure like to meet some of you SoCal folks. I've been in Az. a long time now but was born in Northern Cal. Sacramento area (most of my family is still there) Lived in Huntington beach area until around 12 yrs. old, then moved to Ventura cal. which was where I met and fell in love with my first Nova.
I'm working hard on getting my car ready for the June BBQ and look forward to meeting other Nova fanatics.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Let's see, it should only be in the low 100's around that time of June:eek: I'll check if the wife is interested in visiting my family in Tucson that week, sounds like a cool trip for me:yes: I let you guys know.

James Y.
aww cmon guys it's not that bad! That's what pop up shades are for! :D
Btw: I attended last years So Cal BBQ in Alta Loma. My wife has family in Ontario. I was stationed in various parts of Cali during my active duty tour...San Diego, Lemoore, Oxnard still have friends out that way. We'll be coming out that way again later in June or July for a visit.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
I'll probably make it out!:yes:

John
Sweet! In your Nova I hope :D

Whatever gets you here...btw our deadline is May 15th. We're asking $12 for each adult (12 & over) to help cover park, food, misc expenses. 11 & under free. Sorry no T-shirts, or giveaways this time around just lunch, and a good time. We're not including drinks in the price, but you guys let me know what kind of non-alcoholic drinks you want and I'll make sure to get enough for all of us. Any excess money left over will be donated to local charity.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
Ok SoCal guys who is going to go with me to the Az BBQ on June 6.
It is far enough away to make plans if you are able to go.

Charlie, Vince, Lyndon, Al, Mark ? Any of you able to go?

Anyone else from SoCal or even NorCal able to go?

Anyone from the Vegas area able to go?

Here is a link to the thread. If you need more info ask Steve. He and a couple of others are setting it up

http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1051110#post1051110

Hope I am not the only one to represent the SoCal area.

They make it out to our BBQ. So I think we need to help them get theirs started.
I'm not sure at this point Wade, we have many different things going on at that time of year and I haven't sorted them out yet.

·
Premium Member
1,736 Posts
Usually I will drive anywhere but man that would be a 12 hour drive for me :no:

I hope you guys have a good turn out!

-Justin

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
"I'm still thinking of going out for the BBQ. It's mine and Dang's 23rd ann. that weekend and we always go to mammoth. I have to try and see if I can borrow a trailer.
Charlie, that would be cool if you can make it, if not I understand. I know I've been very busy myself with my reserve unit and all. Haven't been home much the last month...I wanted to have our picnic before it got too hot, and before our monsoon (rain) season. Chantal and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on May 15th.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"I'm still thinking of going out for the BBQ. It's mine and Dang's 23rd ann. that weekend and we always go to mammoth. I have to try and see if I can borrow a trailer.
Charlie

If you can't borrow one U-Haul rents them for around $50 a day. If I can't get mine unloaded by then that is what I am going to have to do.
You don't want to drive the Nova that far?
Or if you can find someone with a two car trailer we can split the cost.
Bev and I will be having our 29th ann. in April. Man it seams like a life time

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If anyone wants to go and not bring their car you are welcome to ride out with us, just help out a little with fuel cost.

Let me know if interested

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Wade, Its so far in advance, Id like to say ill tag along, some of my boys wont mind seeing there Mom in Glendale, Ill Tag this post and SGT Steves. :yes: But alot can happen between now and then, as im sure you are more than aware of:eek: Eric

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wade, Its so far in advance, Id like to say ill tag along, some of my boys wont mind seeing there Mom in Glendale, Ill Tag this post and SGT Steves. :yes: But alot can happen between now and then, as im sure you are more than aware of:eek: Eric

Yep I understand. At least we have enough time though so we can make plans.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I might be able to make it. I am currently here in Tucson now with my Nova but am heading back to Ventura CA after schools out May 15th. I'm going to see if I could drag my friends out here with me for a road trip.

Living in Tucson and Loving it.

-Derek

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok this is getting closer.
Is anyone else going? Any of you that posted a maybe, you know yet if you are able to make it?

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
C'mon guys, I just got an email from a guy last night in NM he is planning on bringing out his Nova race car :yes:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts