Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing threads from AZ and NorCal guys doing get togethers and it really inspires me to want to go out and meet some of our own SoCal guys. I've been driving my 63 for almost 6 months now and havent found where to go for meets besides LB Swapmeet. Although my interiorn isn't complete, I'd still want to find a group of guys for Inspiration

I seen and heard of a SoCal Nova group on Facebook, but I don't have access since I dont have Facebook. If someone know of certain dates of events or meeting that can relay information that'll be great! Either or, if anyone else is willing to do a get together for good ol sakes, I'll be in!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I keep seeing threads from AZ and NorCal guys doing get togethers and it really inspires me to want to go out and meet some of our own SoCal guys. I've been driving my 63 for almost 6 months now and havent found where to go for meets besides LB Swapmeet. Although my interiorn isn't complete, I'd still want to find a group of guys for Inspiration

I seen and heard of a SoCal Nova group on Facebook, but I don't have access since I dont have Facebook. If someone know of certain dates of events or meeting that can relay information that'll be great! Either or, if anyone else is willing to do a get together for good ol sakes, I'll be in!
There used to be an annual So.Cal./Long Beach BBQ put on by a long-time SNS member (asteeler4life, AKA Darnell, AKA Big D.) every July. I haven't been very active on this site lately, so I don't know what's going on with the LB BBQ. I haven't seen asteeler4life post anything for a while, either, come to think of it. I hope he's doing okay.

There are other events that happen around Orange County like the PCH Cruise, so keep an eye out for stuff on the Southwest regional forum.

Don't hesitate to put something together at a venue near you. Folks will show up!

Gerry

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Darnell aka asteeler4life hasn't been on SNS since June 12,2017. LBC BBQ was called off last year.. I'm thinkin we might have to come up with an alternative situation..

Also, I saw a post regarding the PCH Cruise being off this year as Novajoe from OC has his hands full with a home remodel project and family obligations..

I'm in the SGV.. What part of L.A. are you in 63chevynova?

Irwindale has Thursday night drags pretty much year round.. Bobs in Burbank has Friday night cruise year round as well. Organizing around an established consistent meet is one way to go.. Or pull an all SoCal Nova specific meet up could be done but ist more coordinating..

I don't know how many are really interested in doing a meet up..?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darnell aka asteeler4life hasn't been on SNS since June 12,2017. LBC BBQ was called off last year.. I'm thinkin we might have to come up with an alternative situation..

Also, I saw a post regarding the PCH Cruise being off this year as Novajoe from OC has his hands full with a home remodel project and family obligations..

I'm in the SGV.. What part of L.A. are you in 63chevynova?

Irwindale has Thursday night drags pretty much year round.. Bobs in Burbank has Friday night cruise year round as well. Organizing around an established consistent meet is one way to go.. Or pull an all SoCal Nova specific meet up could be done but ist more coordinating..

I don't know how many are really interested in doing a meet up..?
I'm from South Central, but i'm willing to drive anywhere near if someone is willing to put something together. I havent been here long, so I doubt anyone will look at me as a credible member.

What's days does Irwindale hold events? Every Thursday night?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah, the AZ folks are a pretty bad a** group.:devil:

I'd come to a So-Cal get together if you planned something. I went to the Long Beach BBQ three times and enjoyed it. I was waiting the last few months to see if something was going to come together.

·
Super Moderator
3,381 Posts
I'm interested, now that I'm not on the central coast anymore but in SGV. Maybe something more of a quick event, morning thing or half-day thing to begin with.

Bob's has gorgeous cars often, but very tough to get a spot, much less something like 10 spots. Las time I was there, Leno and his '61 300G were turned away as the parking lot was full up.

Something in L.A. or SGV my preference, but may travel.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I was planing to put something together where everyone can meet in the middle. BBQ at Legg Lake park in Whittier Narrows park, But with my ride down and a new job... It will be to much for me to handle at this time :yes:

If anyone would like to put something together? Post it up and hopefully I can get my POS going in time

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Check out the SoCal Car Culture calendar for car related activities going on year round.

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html
Ruby's Diner in Whittier Friday evenings through the summer.

July 14. Santa Fe Springs - Mooneyes Open House - 10820 S. Norwalk Blvd. - 9AM - 3PM - Flyer

This is not on the calander:
The third Wednesday of the month there's a car meet at Clearmans Galley on Rosemead Blvd from 3:00 on.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I am on here and SoCal Novas on FB. I will copy and past if they have anything going on.
It is to hot for me to go on any get togethers right now, but my Novas are just basket cases, but the Nova guys have been very nice and let me cruise and get together with them in my 69 Firebird.
My son's all have Novas, 68, 72, 73. I am in the process of changing my son's 72 subframe out after he hit a curb with it
Like what was said before, if you have a place you would likw to meet up, post it up, it don't matter if you just joined, thats how you get to know everyone.
There are a few members here and FB that go to Iwrindale.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like responses so far, thank you all for your feedback and positive notes. Irwindale isnt to car from home either, and maybe not a bad time to see what my car can do. LoL. Maybe once I get my seat covers redone, I'll set something up. Unless someone wants to set a date and I'll be there whether its ready or not.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Clearmans Galley
7215 Rosemead Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 91775

This meet is organized by a father and son that are members of the Undertakers Car Club.. This meet use to be held at a different location for a handful of years and the other location decided they didn't want to hold the events anymore but the Galley we interested in having it so it moved to the Galley and has been there for at least two years.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like a good location with a fire department next door. But where do they park there? Dont seem to have a parking lot. If I free up, I'll be down to go this Wednesday myself.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
The complex has the buildings out near the street and the parking area behind the buildings there's two enretances to the parking area the north entrance comes in off of Huntington Drive and is only accessible from the east bound lanes. The other entrance comes in off of Rosemead Blvd and is accessible from north and south bound lanes. So the Galley is on the south east corner of the property and the parking lot is huge.. The meet usually occupies the rows of parking all the way to the west of the property behind the Galley which is the furthest away from the building and Rosemead Blvd. The entrance to the restaurant is from the parking lot not the street side..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wont make tonight. Let me know how it was if you end up going. I probably make it to one in Torrance according to the list of events this month.

·
Super Moderator
3,381 Posts
Thanks for the low down on the Clearmans. Will be there with the convertible this eve sometime after 5. And yes, 'The Nickel' (L.A. County forestation 5) is right next door.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
It was a nice pretty chill meet last evening.. I rolled in a little after 6:00 AllyMcReal, a friend of mine brought his 70 Nova, myself, and one of the organizers all brought our Nova's to the gathering.. This meet up usually opens up around 3:00 but there's no real definite wrap up time. I barely rolled in and step out of my car and I've got someone coming up asking about my car.. I really didn't get to circulate around too much as people kept coming up.. Probably, 30-40 cars were there in the time I was there but I know that at other times I've made this event there are some early birds that leave before the sun drops.. So it's possible that there could have been some other attendees prior to my arrival.. Probably hit it again next month.. This meet doesn't go on year round but there's nothing that says we couldn't organize something on our own as a Nova meet up.. It would be nice to get a handful of Nova's to show up to this event and maybe expand on the concept of Nova's and enthusiasts like ourselves, though I wouldn't want to exclude others from participating..

1 - 20 of 125 Posts