Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be the official thread for the SoCal Novas BBQ 2019 event. We can plan and work out the when, where, what, etc on this thread and gain any attention and interest from the community here..

Keep it simple cars, people, food, enjoy..!

Information update - DATE, TIME, LOCATION, EVENT INFO:

Saturday July 20, 2019
10:00am - 5:00pm
Whittier Narrows Regional Park Carnival
1600 Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, CA 91733

PARK ENTRANCE FEE $6.00
This area is first come first serve so I’m figuring it would be nice to set up and be situated along Loma Avenue as there is ample parking and shade in this area. We will be away from the baseball diamonds near Rosemead Blvd closer to the RC Aircraft area and the shooting range.. There are no BBQ grills on site so we will have to bring our own to cook on.. This will be a pot luck affair so please contribute if you plan to attend.. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE PARK.. If AJ will attend with one of his Nova BBQ trailers that would be great if he cannot attend we will need to bring a grill.. I can bring mine if AJs isn’t available..

I will update this post as needed up to the date of the event..

Also, we would like to hear from you if you are planning to attend so we can get a head count.. Please post up if you will attend and let us know how many people will be in your party and what you will contribute food wise to the BBQ.

Thanks, Joe

ROLL CALL: Stevesnovasite members
1. 63ChevyNova, , carne asada
2. AllyMacReal, solo, carne asada, tortillas, beverages
3. Nova Thug, solo, sausage, cucumber salad
4. 63SSIISFV2DFW, , desserts cookies
5. CaliNova67, ,
6. 69Projy, ,
7. Mobileaudiodude, , NovaQ
8. Poindexter, ,
9. ChevyIIguy, solo, Hawaiian Mac salad

ROLL CALL: SoCal Novas Facebook page
1. Jack N., solo, salad
2. RK Smith, solo, Hawaiian Mac salad
3. David A., +2 ,
4. George R., wife,

ROLL CALL: The Procrastinators
1. Franco C., solo,
2. Nick O., solo,
3. Justin , solo,
4. Pauly B., solo,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,109 Posts
Sounds good. I'm interested depending on when and where--two kids going back to college late summer and other stuff--but I could have a Nova there. Where's there?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Long Beach is a good possibility as we have a history of BBQs in that location. I want to take a drive to that location to make sure it hasn’t been changed or under construction at this time to be sure we can still hold an event there..

Also, I thinking about the date for the BBQ being held on July 20, 2019 if that seems to be clear of any other major car events then we couldn’t proceed with this as a date..

Traditionally, this has been a pot luck affair and I see no need to break with this established tradition..

If you are interested in attending this event it would be nice to hear from you with your intent to attend and what you might contribute to the BBQ..

Thank you for your interest and participation in advance.. It’s been a while since we have held a SoCal Novas BBQ and I know some have missed this for the last couple of years.. I look forward to having a great time with you all..!

·
Registered
1963 Chevrolet II Nova SS
625 Posts
I'm interested and am actually supposed to be in California that week. I would have to move my schedule forward by a day or two and wouldn't have my Nova but I will definitely try and attend.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There may have been some other places that the SoCal Novas Annual BBQ events were hosted at but the only ones I have been to were at the park in Long Beach.. If someone has a place or business that they would like to host an event where we would be welcome to gather at we can consider it as a possible location..

·
Super Moderator
4,109 Posts
What's the matter with the hood again? That's right we all live in the hood. Shoot, much of Long Beach is the hood and that never stopped anyone.

If we have it at Dale's do we have to tell him first?

Seriously, it's not the where, as long as the people and cars don't get run off by some authority type. I'll show.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I seen Dale in person many times over the last couple of years but he hasn’t been an active member on the site in quite a while.. I doubt he would be expecting a spontaneous BBQ to show up on his doorstep on the 20th of July.. :devil:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Another possible location I’m considering is Whittier Narrows Park. It’s a pretty big place and I’ve been to car events there in the past.. There is an entrance fee though.. The parking is a better situation then the Long Beach Park. It’s located just off the 60fwy to the south between the Rosemead Blvd and Santa Anita exits..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Another possible location I’m considering is Whittier Narrows Park. It’s a pretty big place and I’ve been to car events there in the past.. There is an entrance fee though.. The parking is a better situation then the Long Beach Park. It’s located just off the 60fwy to the south between the Rosemead Blvd and Santa Anita exits..
I'm game for this too.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will be awesome to have you with us Art.. Hopefully more Nova brothers and sisters will be able to join us as well..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys new to the site. Hopefully my nova is done by July. I’m doing a complete rebuild. But keep me posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
335 Posts
CaliNova67, she looks ready to me! That's one beautiful color though. Looks like you made some progress. Even if she's not ready, you are more then welcome to show up!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Show up with whatever will get you there.. I’m guilty of showing up to a Nova BBQ in a Mopar.. :devil:

1 - 20 of 90 Posts