Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don't think I'll find any info on this but I figured I'd post anyway, do any of you remember or have you seen a Blue 72 Nova with Polaris painted in white just behind the rear side windows? The story behind this is it was my dads car in the 70's, and the car that made me buy a 72 Nova for my first car. I spent a long time when I was a kid trying to find any info I could on it, having the huge hopes and dreams of a 15 year old I thought I'd be able to track it down, buy it and restore it in memory of my dad. The only real info I have is that he sold it sometime in the mid-late 70's it was blue, had polaris painted on it, and it would have been in the Alhambra, or Monterey Park area. I've thought about calling the DMV with his name and info but I doubted that they would ever be willing to give me info on who currently owns the car or anything of the such. I've just been under the assumption that it was wrecked, crushed or long forgotten somewhere by now but I figured why not do a little bit more research and asking around do.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I really don't think I'll find any info on this but I figured I'd post anyway, do any of you remember or have you seen a Blue 72 Nova with Polaris painted in white just behind the rear side windows? The story behind this is it was my dads car in the 70's, and the car that made me buy a 72 Nova for my first car. I spent a long time when I was a kid trying to find any info I could on it, having the huge hopes and dreams of a 15 year old I thought I'd be able to track it down, buy it and restore it in memory of my dad. The only real info I have is that he sold it sometime in the mid-late 70's it was blue, had polaris painted on it, and it would have been in the Alhambra, or Monterey Park area. I've thought about calling the DMV with his name and info but I doubted that they would ever be willing to give me info on who currently owns the car or anything of the such. I've just been under the assumption that it was wrecked, crushed or long forgotten somewhere by now but I figured why not do a little bit more research and asking around do.
If you can come up with the vin # and the car is still in Cali. I can try and run search. RICK

·
Registered
53 Posts
You know, we are so messed up. It's not about some car. It's about life, our life and an iconic piece of it. I'm so glad my dad put that into my blood. Let me introduce you to him and his dads truck.

He has since passed away but we still have grandpa's truck. It's awesome. Keep looking, its possible to find it. Here is a story to prove it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck, I'm in the same boat looking for my dad's 65 Impala SS. It was his first new car. He special ordered it in Evening orchid. It was stolen when he was in X-ray school. The worst part is he didn't have insurance on it so he still had to pay for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts