Chevy Nova Forum banner

81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sc2dave, was barely getting into computers. Needed a handle. one of the first sites I registered on right after I bought my first new car, a Saturn SC2. So, SC2Dave

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I have a 73 nova ss I bought new,and and later I put a 406 in it. it now has a crate 350 from a boat.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ok guys, so here's my handle story.
My late farmer friend farmed exclusively with Allis-Chalmers farm tractors. His truck license plate read, "Bigallis".
So when I needed a handle I came up with "Bigallis1", as I came from a family that had an Allis-Chalmers dealership.
Have never had a duplication problem with it.:)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
CGM ....Chevy Gasser Madness. I am a big fan of altitude and attitude that comes with the Gasser cars and nostalgic drags. Being branded as a Chevy guy as a teen I guess you could say I loved them all. I watched the show Bonanza in the 60's and could not wait for the commercials to show the new car models . Hoss was my favorite as he had rare 65 Z16 Chevelle. Go Hoss . Over the years I collected many of my favorite Chevies from 1937 to 1970.......Some I regret letting go ....but they were replaced by another quickly...lol......... The Madness part ...well I'm in the middle of a few straight axle builds . A 55 150 , 38 Coupe , 57 210 , and a NicKey straight axle subframe for my 65 Nova. The picture is of my 67 SS with a couple of my buddies from back in the day . They are both gone now so the pic is special to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1970's Log Salvage Guy on Vancouver Island West Coast. Career change opportunity in 1978 relocated Me to the interior of BC with Lake shore property on the Big Shuswap Lake. The Log Salvage business on the coast had fallen off and the market was saturated with licensed working boats so I took My 25 ft boat up to the lake with Me when I relocated. This was 1978 and You might remember the popular "Beachcombers" show of the times. Getting to know Me and seeing Me out and about fishing on the lake in My West Coast type work boat it didn't take long before My new Friends and neighbors on the Lake tagged Me with the Rellic nic and it sticks to this day.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
thats a cool boat you got there, it wouldn't have one of those old nova 4 cyl engines does it. take me fishin' ?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Cool boat.. Does it have a wooden hull..?

Back in the early 80’s my dad and his friend Tony went in on a wooden hulled 28ft cabin cruiser that needed some work to put back in the water. I got the pleasurable job of scraping the barnies off the underside over the summer.. That was Awesome..

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
very cool so we call that a sleeper with that interceptor for motor. i know the salmon fishing from lake michigan, sure was bigun's last year. so prawns got 6 legs an shrimp got 8 legs is that the difference. also that net looks a little small for the size of that nice king.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cool boat.. Does it have a wooden hull..?

Back in the early 80’s my dad and his friend Tony went in on a wooden hulled 28ft cabin cruiser that needed some work to put back in the water. I got the pleasurable job of scraping the barnies off the underside over the summer.. That was Awesome..
25 ft., Fiberglass over wood, it was a good work boat on the West Coast of Vancouver Island and became a good pleasure boat on the Shuswap Lake for a couple of years then I was made an offer I couldn't refuse and it went back to work on the Island again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
very cool so we call that a sleeper with that interceptor for motor. i know the salmon fishing from lake michigan, sure was bigun's last year. so prawns got 6 legs an shrimp got 8 legs is that the difference. also that net looks a little small for the size of that nice king.
Loved the Interceptor, burned a LOT of fuel but that's what We do when We want POWER. not sure about the leg count but for sure the Prawns were "spotted" and the meat was the size of a Hot Dog Weenie. That "Spring" Salmon was only 28 lbs so not big enough to get into the "King" or "Tyee" class, We called anything over 25 lbs and under 30 lbs "Smillies". anything that size was played out for at least 30 - 45 minutes and "Gaffed" aboard. The smaller boat was always rigged and ready for trolling or moocing in the bay after dinner where We might catch a 20 pounder if We were lucky. The "Smillie" was caught early morning 20 miles off shore in the open ocean where the BIG ones still take a hook.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hey - - - "Dragn' Wagon " . . . . . . . I really like all '65s . . . . . . . . and, you have a very Nice
Wagon, sir .
we may need afew more shots of this ride . . . . . (y)

81 - 97 of 97 Posts