Chevy Nova Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The "GuzzGuy" handle came from my party days. I ( use to ) be able to guzz down a six pack in less than 5 min. They use to say HEY !! that guy can guzz down beers fast. It also reflects my last name to. To add to it, I have a 66 Hard Top. Those days are long gone guzzing beers, now I just have a few & enjoy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brand newbe here, thanks for the add. My handle comes from a previous passion of riding Harley motorcycles. My first one was a firefighter edition after the 911 tower attack. A little (very little) smarter now and older (mainly just older) now I don't ride anymore. But I had a great time riding and hoping up my "Redhotroadking"

·
Registered
378 Posts
Well, I have 2 accounts here. My first account I had issues with the password about 4-5 years ago and pretty much gave up AJM1963SS. Basically my initials and my car at that time.
Then I had to start over, and I had a new project, so my 2 little boys names and the car year. All my cars pretty much are going to be theirs in the end.

·
Registered
606 Posts
63ssii(The car I own)
sfv(San Fernando Valley/ where I lived many years ago and streetraced)
dfw (Dallas/ Fort Worth, where I lived when I picked a screen name.

However since I've owned this car since '94, it really should be:

63SSIISV2A2SFV2DFW2PHX, but that would be even more confusing then it already is.

63ssii(The car I own)
SV(Simi Valley, where I bought it.)
Agoura (where I lived as kid and started on it)
PHX (Phoenix where we currently live)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
63ssii(The car I own)

However since I've owned this car since '94, it really should be:

63SSIISV2A2SFV2DFW2PHX, but that would be even more confusing then it already is.

63ssii(The car I own)
SV(Simi Valley, where I bought it.)
Agoura (where I lived as kid and started on it)
PHX (Phoenix where we currently live)
Tired me out.....but I did pat the dog, didn't I?

:D

·
Registered
276 Posts
"MommysLittleMonster" (the name I use on literally every other forum I'm on) was taken, so I had to get creative and abbreviate.

"Mommy's Little Monster" is a song (and an album) by Social Distortion, which was one of my favorites growing up as a teen. Pretty sure the song was on when I made my first handle for a Honda car forum I was on ages ago, and it just sort of stuck.

Ironically, Mom was super supportive of my car shenanigans and always egged me on- she'd be the one cheering for burnouts in front of the house after dad and I would spin wrenches. Think of it as a nod to supportive parents to reckless youth.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Well , I kinda think - - - - - -- " Ben " . . . . would be toooooo much !

and, how you guys doing down south . . . . already getting hot . . ? ………………………… jim

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Ryan K. My initials, and UP ON 1, because I used to be pretty bad azz at riding wheelies on me streetbikes. So we were always rippin around up on 1-rkupon1

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well , I kinda think - - - - - -- " Ben " . . . . would be toooooo much !

and, how you guys doing down south . . . . already getting hot . . ? ………………………… jim
Hey Jim, yes its breaking 100 degrees already. Doing well. Haven't felt the heat during the day though. I leave in the dark and come home in the dark. Long days at the hospital lately! Hoping to get back on the Nova soon. Been helping my son on a frame-off truck build for his 16th birthday. You'll see it at the next get-together. Rebob and Novathug helped with some welding on the frame after the last BBQ. It's a pretty good build with my son doing most of the work.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Some on SNS have long wondered where/what/who/why is behind some of the handles used by our members.

Twinshadows just recently revealed his handle came from his early biker days when he and his wife would run their twin "Hawgs". Since they were both Honda Shadows, so was born the handle he uses to this day.
Care to share?
Here's one/half of the "Twinshadows" 'screen-name' :
96 Honda , 1100 , ACE (new, with about 43 demo miles) . . . . . . . that I owned & rode with Diana
together , around th' 'West' .

# 1 - - gone, but not forgotten, & treated me well . . (y) . . 💪

yes, some good days ; I do miss it . . . . (owned for 16 yrs.) .

'Biker ' = jim

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
At 19 years old, fresh out of high school I went to work for the Railroad. 42 years 2 months later I retired. Was, Am and will always be a Rail Roader. It was a wonderful career.
One of my good friends - also a long-time railroader (41 years and counting). He lives RR 24/7/365. Another retired 3 years ago with 40 years. He has the same 'affliction'. Obviously it gets in your blood. "It" being creosote, diesel fumes or sump'in'.
I'm teasing of course. We all enjoy the stories from their experiences. Especially the bull moose 'incident'.

·
Registered
100 Posts
When you work with the same people (for the most part) for 40+ years, you just as well get along with them. I see your in Canada. The Canadian National (CN in the U.S.) is the railroad from which I retired. CN and Illinois Central merged in 1999.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts