Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some on SNS have long wondered where/what/who/why is behind some of the handles used by our members.

Twinshadows just recently revealed his handle came from his early biker days when he and his wife would run their twin "Hawgs". Since they were both Honda Shadows, so was born the handle he uses to this day.

Tacocaster - my handle, comes from my 'favourite to play' axe, my Mexican-built Fender Telecaster Guitar ( I also own an Amer. Standard Strat and a Epiphone BB King).

So, there are hundreds of handles here on SNS, some obvious others...WTH?

Care to share?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Got mine from riding dirt bikes. Was never really good on the track but I loved air. Every landing was spectacular, whether I was on the bike or not. Lol. I was on flight status in the Air Force. We all had a second name tag with our nicknames on them. I would get some interesting looks or remarks sometimes from other flight crew members. I forgot to mention in my original post that my last name is Daley.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I had a very old "southern" type gentleman as a coworker at a horrible job a long time ago... on my arm I have portrait tattoos of universal's "famous monsters". The coworker started asking me about them, and what each one was scared of (I have no idea why). We went from Frankenstein not liking fire, to Dracula not liking daylight or crosses... and when we got to the Wolfman, I explained that though things could easily kill him, he's an animal when transformed. To which he asked "so what's he scared of?", when I answered "nothing, I guess", he responded "OH AHH SEE, SO WOOFMAN TUFF".

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
I'm computer inept. Pretty bad. Wanted to join SNS years ago, and used other handles when trying to join, and couldn't even manage doing that well. Tried 3 times, and just gave up. My girlfriend, Allison was tired of me whining that I wanted to get on the site but couldn't manage to even sign up correctly, so she did it for me just to prove how inept I am. Like I needed more proof. The profile she made was AllyMcReal. My name is Frank.

·
Registered
922 Posts
About 20 years ago I graduated from RC model flying and started flying ultralights. I owned and flew an amphibious airplane called a Buccaneer. I was still flying regularly when I bought my Nova and joined SNS. That's how Buccflyer was born. Recently sold the ol' buccaneer because I wasn't flying enough since getting back into cars. Also sold to buy Chevy II project parts.(y)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Well lets see where I can start LOL I have owned every year Nova from 62-70 and a 75 , But any way two of them were SS cars My 69 SS big block and my 64SS L6 car which I still and have had it since 84. Which when I started build L6s and broke more parts with then I did with any V8 car I had. First go around after the first HP build I blew apart the timing gear set, (fixed) then blew everything apart in the dist. (fixed) sheered off a inch and a half Of axle (31 spline ) (fixed with a 33) Just to name a few things But bottom line Name is Twisted6 ( which I guess goes for the 64 and L6 @ 8000 rpms = Twisted ) Oh and BD is 6-1-61 LOL

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my '72 in 1988 and immediately started hearing from everyone "Nova in Spanish means doesn't go." So in response, I got "DOES GO" as my license plate and "doesgo" has become my handle on pretty much everything ever since. I first signed up for this forum WAY back when, but I must have signed up with an e-mail address I no longer have and at one point I wasn't able to log in as "doesgo" so I had to start over again with doesgodoesgo.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
I guess mine should be pretty apparent. Like Mike Goble, my first name is David and my last name begins with "B" (Bruce). Most other places on the net I'm "SquareLeft". That's actually a rally 'command'... when approaching a 90 degree left turn, the navigator/co-driver shorthand instruction to the driver is "square left". I somehow got tagged with that name on one of the stage rally forums and it stuck. In fact, I kind-of like it.:)

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
My Mom...
very . . . . Mr. Goble - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - thanks, Mike , who woulda thought (y)

Mike, I'm glad I had just swallowed my water before reading your reply or it would have shot out of my nose! LMAO!
good , one 🖖. . . .

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm computer inept. Pretty bad. Wanted to join SNS years ago, and used other handles when trying to join, and couldn't even manage doing that well. Tried 3 times, and just gave up. My girlfriend, Allison was tired of me whining that I wanted to get on the site but couldn't manage to even sign up correctly, so she did it for me just to prove how inept I am. Like I needed more proof. The profile she made was AllyMcReal. My name is Frank.
Frank , you had me fooled . . . . . . (several years back) , so I'm right there with u .

I used to be English.
Stuart ....…………………………… Really .

About 20 years ago I graduated from RC model flying and started flying ultralights. I owned and flew an amphibious airplane called a Buccaneer. I was still flying regularly when I bought my Nova and joined SNS. That's how Buccflyer was born. Recently sold the ol' buccaneer because I wasn't flying enough since getting back into cars. Also sold to buy Chevy II project parts.(y)
Got a few hours in a ' Lake ' ................. then , bought a "Milk - Stool" , which I would like too sale-off .
.......... some really fun times ............. and, a 46 / J-3 , with a 125hp Lyc ............
even more fun ..................

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Well lets see where I can start LOL I have owned every year Nova from 62-70 and a 75 , But any way two of them were SS cars My 69 SS big block and my 64SS L6 car which I still and have had it since 84. Which when I started build L6s and broke more parts with then I did with any V8 car I had. First go around after the first HP build I blew apart the timing gear set, (fixed) then blew everything apart in the dist. (fixed) sheered off a inch and a half Of axle (31 spline ) (fixed with a 33) Just to name a few things But bottom line Name is Twisted6 ( which I guess goes for the 64 and L6 @ 8000 rpms = Twisted ) Oh and BD is 6-1-61 LOL
Hey Larry , 'Better - TWISTED - than bent ' . . . . . .. . how you been doing , stay well ...

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
My fist name is Shane and at the time I signed up I had a pretty nice 65 Chevy II. Currently I'm 65 years old sol my handle has a temporary double meaning.
Shane - - - - next time you're around here , I hope I can meet - up .................... this "virus" ….. make me
wish I was 65 ...

·
Registered
283 Posts
My fist name is Shane and at the time I signed up I had a pretty nice 65 Chevy II. Currently I'm 65 years old sol my handle has a temporary double meaning.
Mine is simple as when I made it I wasn't thinking a "handle", as much as I was trying to figure out the website operation! So, Bobs65 Post is merely my first name and car description. Like Shane, I too am 65, so for this year I can say it has double meaning. I was going to use my nickname my older brother and his friends gave me, but thought it might be too controversial or banned. His handle was Weenie, so I was Little Weenie. They thought it was hilarious, kid stuff.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts