Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i have a quick question. I was going to get THESE and noticed that the brackets cost 70 dollars a piece. :eek:
Do i need the brackets or can i fab something up so that the seats can bolt to the floor out of some angle iron or something? It would be cheaper if i just order the seats individually instead of ordering them with the brackets. Any ideas on what i should do?

·
Registered
768 Posts
If you can weld it wouldn't be to hard to fab some brackets up for that. I actually welded up a set of brackets for some seats that one of my buddies got for his Eagle Talon. Just measure twice and then once more, cut and weld.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
The Summit kits come with the brackets. I just order the scat kit from summit - I had to do some fab work on the tracks as they don't make tracks for the first gen. So went with 64 chevelle track. When you figure the cost to fab the brackets from scratch one would be close to $70 bucks with time and materials. I'm happy with my purchase. I picked up about 2.5 inches of headroom, now have full shoulder seat belts and can fit a ratchet shifter in between the seats.

GG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts