Chevy Nova Forum banner

So. Cal to No. Cal Mini Power Tour

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  asteeler4life 
#1 ·
So let me bounce something around for discussion. Would there be interest in a 4 or 5 day Mini cruise up the coast starting in LA and perhaps ending somewhere around San Francisco? Perhaps we can pick up "attendees as we proceed up the coast in different areas. I am thinking sometime this summer, maybe June.
Here are my thoughts on this. Perhaps three of us can work together , one in SoCal , one in Central Cal and someone in NorCal to get the gas and food spots lined up as well as lodging and perhaps attractive roads or locations to drive through as we move up the coast. I'm pretty familiar with the area from LA to Cambria as I do a motorcycle run there every year.
I'm thinking a start in the LA area and a scenic drive up the coast with stops in Solvang then onto San Luis Obispo or Cambria for the first night. From Cambria we head up Highway 1 to Montery for the next overnight stop. Someone from there could make a suggestion for lodging and perhaps a day run. We could stop there and turn around or extend further North depending on interest , time and costs. I'm sure the locals to these areas know cool roads and places of interest to visit . Maybe even some Hot Road shops or vendors along the way that want to open the doors to a group of potential customers? Folks could join up for a day or any portion of the trip .
I should mention this would be a cruise , not a race and we would have to "play well with others" or the California Highway Patrol can and will make us a very unhappy group.
So any interest in something like this? Anyone else think it could be pulled off?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I did the drive from San Francisco to Santa Clara on Highway 1 back in 1984, and wow, it was a long drive. Those turns do add up to the longest route. :(

However, I am not sure if you know about the Mini Nationals (Mini Nat's) up in Pleasanton during Labor Day weekend, and an all Nova event...tons of Novas. Definetely, a must to attend. :D

I hear you though. I am all for driving long distances. I have driven in many occasions to Southern and Northern California. Nothing else like it. :yes: :D

GerryLP:cool:

#3 ·
Yep. Can be a long drive especially if you get behind a truck or motor home.
Attended Mini Nats last year and yes a good event.
Doesn't look like there is much interest in it and i understand with many variables with work and cost and time for folks.
Was just looking for a reason to get the car on the road with others...

#4 ·
I think there may be a Nor-Cal BBQ in the early planning stages for April/May.

Stay tuned to this section of the Forum for an announcement.

You might be able to plan your mini tour around that. :D

#6 ·
i've liked all our Northern cruises, Mini-Nats, Toy Drive, NorCal BBQ, parts cruises etc... some we take our ChevyII's others we take Dave's truck... when we're in our Hotrods we (for the most part) stay single file and just caravan... sure we fool around a little but never anything too foolish... it's always all for one and one for all when we cruise. we stick together and stay together, no one gets left behind...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.