Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is only tentative right now, but I'm working on a possible get together involving a chassis dyno. I don't have a date, a cost, or any details at this time; I just wanted to get an idea of how many might be interested if the price is right. Initially I threw out 20 cars to the dyno operator, but then I realized that would run into some seriously LONG day!! Maybe 10 cars could be run; a BBQ, shop tour........ Any thoughts??

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I've been thinking about doing that again. Where would it be located Mike??

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
??????, Subscribed, :yes:
Maybe 2 days/ , just a thought.:thumbsup::popcorn:

·
Banned
214 Posts
nova

id hate to break the machine with my HOT ROD lets just say it made 585 hp at 7200 rpm, it has cast iron heads and its a small block so ill never keep up with you big block guys

p.s. dynos are sooo bad for your car, especially if your glove box is full of 11 second or slower slips. get a blackberry its built in i pulled an 10.77 and that is in my street daliy driver.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I knew I should have made this thread a while back. If this place doesn't work out I can set one up in Berdoo for cheap and he can easily do 20 cars. He also has a big enough parking lot to hold 40+ cars.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cheap and he can easily do 20 cars
Even at only 1/2 hour per car, 10 hours is a long time to be hanging around.
I've been at a dyno day that went well after midnight and it gets old unless you get something on there to peg the 1200 h.p. max!

·
Banned
214 Posts
10 years ago mine ran 10.80's with 400 h.p. at 6300.

i failed to mention it made power from 5000-6500 rpm i was just bragging on my rpms most guys only dream of 7500 rpm which mine will turn 8200 but thats in my daily driver street truck

my hp @ 6500 was alot more, my s10 was also smoking the tires into third gear NO TRACTION truck can run in the 9's but then i cant take it on the freeway i need my 355 gear.

im sure your 10 second car was sripped down, no seats, interior fenders, probally ran 150 octane (lol) trailored it to the track, had special slicks, my **** is just 10 seconds daily driver, my real car ran 8.90s but i sold it to an ozzy hell the yellow car in my pic on the left of your screen ran 11.00s

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im sure your 10 second car was sripped down, no seats, interior fenders, probally ran 150 octane (lol) trailored it to the track, had special slicks
Mike where was the power tour and what gears did you have in it that year?
It has 2 full size seats, but no other interior, full body parts, all steel except hood, been driven to Nashville, Tenn. on pump gas; Ran 9.87 on a 9" E.T. Street tire w/nitrous and race gas.(14.5-1 comp.)
Current engine was built to run on 91--615 h.p. at the crank-6.63/101 in the 1/8 so far(still trying to find the tuneup it likes)
It's in Dale's Dart right now, and sounds just about like the 12 second 383 that was in it before....only now it has traction issues.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
id hate to break the machine with my HOT ROD lets just say it made 585 hp at 7200 rpm, it has cast iron heads and its a small block so ill never keep up with you big block guys

p.s. dynos are sooo bad for your car, especially if your glove box is full of 11 second or slower slips. get a blackberry its built in i pulled an 10.77 and that is in my street daliy driver.
Hey.....That's my truck:yes: I was wondering who owned it :eek:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Even at only 1/2 hour per car, 10 hours is a long time to be hanging around.
I've been at a dyno day that went well after midnight and it gets old unless you get something on there to peg the 1200 h.p. max!
It definitely ends up being a long day. The last Dyno Day I went to at this shop they were able to dyno 32 cars in a 12 hour period and that was with having one car strapped down for nearly an hour. He bought a big jumper for the kids, had a raffle for random parts and he broke out the BBQ. :yes:

Having a big HP car always makes things interesting.:devil: A few years back Abel Ibarra brought out his K&N sponsored, 2 rotor powered Mazda R100(the one at the NHRA museum) and it layed down mid 700's on their "mild tune". I hate rotaries but that thing was good times. :yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts