Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SNS SoCal BBQ will be July 23, 2022.

Information update - DATE, TIME, LOCATION, EVENT INFO:

Keep it simple cars, people, food, enjoy..!

Saturday July 23, 2022
10:00am - 5:00pm
Whittier Narrows Regional Park
1600 Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, CA 91733

Ecoregion Infrastructure Map Road Font

PARK ENTRANCE FEE $6.00
This area is first come first serve so I’m figuring it would be nice to set up and be situated along Loma Avenue (the same location as 2019 BBQ) as there is ample parking and shade in this area. We will be away from the baseball diamonds near Rosemead Blvd closer to the RC Aircraft area and the shooting range.. There are no BBQ grills on site so I will have to bring my grill to cook on.. This will be a pot luck affair so please contribute if you plan to attend.. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE PARK..

I will update this post as needed up to the date of the event..

Also, I would like to hear from you if you are planning to attend so I can get a head count.. Please post up if you will attend and let me know how many people will be in your party and what you will contribute food wise to the BBQ.

Thanks, Joe

If you plan to attend please let me know by posting up in this thread so I can have an idea of how many people to expect.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Looking at doing the SNS SoCal BBQ in mid July either the 16 or 23 of July. I will determine the date in the next week or so. I will update the 1st post of this thread as the information and plans evolve.

Thanks,

Information update - DATE, TIME, LOCATION, EVENT INFO:

Keep it simple cars, people, food, enjoy..!

Saturday July 16 or 23, 2022
1600 Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, CA 91733

Ecoregion Infrastructure Map Road Font

PARK ENTRANCE FEE $6.00
This area is first come first serve so I’m figuring it would be nice to set up and be situated along Loma Avenue (the same location as 2019 BBQ) as there is ample parking and shade in this area. We will be away from the baseball diamonds near Rosemead Blvd closer to the RC Aircraft area and the shooting range.. There are no BBQ grills on site so I will have to bring my grill to cook on.. This will be a pot luck affair so please contribute if you plan to attend.. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ALLOWED IN THE PARK..

I will update this post as needed up to the date of the event..

Also, I would like to hear from you if you are planning to attend so I can get a head count.. Please post up if you will attend and let me know how many people will be in your party and what you will contribute food wise to the BBQ.

Thanks, Joe

If you plan to attend please let me know by posting up in this thread so I can have an idea of how many people to expect.
Wish I was closer, I would absolutely be there!! Sounds like an awesome time!!!

·
Premium Member
'63ss, 63ss convert, 67 4 door, '67 2 door sedan, '67 Acadian wagon
448 Posts
If someone could pm/conversation me with their name and address, I have some new, still in the bag, Heartland Nova t-shirts I would be willing to donate. I can't make it, because I live in Iowa, but one of these times I will be rolling in for the long distance award.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,228 Posts
. . . . thedez - with 5 Nova's ; very cool . :) .

jim

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey folks,
I’ve updated the 1st post with the date for the BBQ. If you are planning to attend please post up in this thread. This is a potluck event so bring something to share. I will bring my BBQ to grill on and probably my usual sausages and a cucumber salad.. I will be at the park early to get the spot and prep it if necessary. Last year the parking area was kind of a mess when I got there.

Thanks, Joe

Saturday July 23, 2022
1600 Rosemead Blvd
South El Monte, CA 91733

1 - 12 of 12 Posts