Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1963 Nova coupe, Phoenix Arizona
2,362 Posts
rebob, did you use a universal compression port? Three companies make it including FAST. They say a dip pipe is not needed. I don’t get it because others say it will aerate the tank.
My son welded a bung right to a NEW tank and just screwed a barbed fitting in to it, it was about the same place as yours, on the front above the seam.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
i mean I have a brand new EEC tank that I purchased and installed prior to deciding to go EFI. Everything is new including the sending unit and return port.
I did the same thing, basically I figured it could be used for a return or a vent. There really wasn’t any options 12 years ago other then a custom tank $. When tanks inc came out I just sold the old tank which was in great shape and put the cash towards the the tanks inc.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Have you had any issues with aeration or anything like that?
I was running a surge tank at first then the tanks inc. The reason for the surge tank was so the high pressure pump never ran outta fuel. Sorry I kinda answered earlier before I though , chemo brain, So I would have to agree with the others about starving the pump in a stock tank.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
It is cheaper. The holley setup is around $330. You use your existing fuel tank and the pump and sending unit are 1 unit that takes the place of your sending unit now. Compare with Tanks. over $500
The only thing is the tanks inc is a new powder coated tank that is baffled which helps a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts