Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
1974 Nova
Discussion Starter #1
Painted the Nova today, was it the best? No! Was it better than the baby blue spray paint from before? Yes! Next is undercoating the wheel wells and painting under the car, any ideas on what color the wheels should be? I'm going matte black for the side trim (yes i'm keeping it) and the mirror. Should I add a stripe somewhere? Oh and yes I have the door panel for that door lol. (More photos coming soon!)

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
Not too shabby for DIY. Gunmetal grey for the wheels?

Registered
if you could hit it with a yenko-style stripe in white or black..? that would look great. or a black baldwin stripe, but not sure what vibe you're lookin' for...

love the blue. great job.

-Rusty

Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
Not too shabby for DIY. Gunmetal grey for the wheels?
I was thinking the exact same thing. I think gunmetal grey would look great on the blue Nova.
Below is a representation to give you an idea what this may look like (wheels are just shown for color).

If you choose gunmetal grey for the wheels and decide to add some stripes to the car, I would try to match the color of the stripes to the wheel color.

Registered
gun metal grey or maybe argent silver on the wheels. but instead of the wide strips going front to back. maybe a pair of thin pin strips running the side front to back that match the wheels color.

Reactions: Suny243

Registered
1974 Nova
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I did it! I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out, last is the front trim and throwing all the side markers on!

Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
Looking good (y)

Reactions: Suny243

So..........is it Ford Grabber Blue? Love it.

Bob

Registered
1970 Nova SS 350 Brandon, MS
Looks like "Petty Blue". The wheels look great!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts