Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the glued in mirror fly out of the reproduction door rear view the other day. This is the second time. The first one was a later GM NOS mirror.

I knew it was not technically correct since it did not have the snap ring holding the mirror. But I did not want to have another snap ring mirror made back then.

Some history:

In the middle of the 67 Model year Chevy stopped using the embossed Bowtie emblem on the outside rear view mirror.

The correct non Non Bowtie mirror with the snap ring holding the mirror in is not readily available. If you find them they are not cheap. I have had them custom made before.

Soooo.

I am thinking about working to do a run of the technically correct mirrors with custom date codes for the 67 and the 68 - 72 round head mirror.

Is there any interest in this style mirror? I am willing to organize a group buy. I am sure the more volume the better the price.

Please chime in here if you would be interested. In the mean time I will start checking the price. These have to be custom made and I will need the date code up front if you want them coded.

Codes are typically "10 DMI 9" for October 1969

Greg

·
Registered
259 Posts
If the price is reasonable and the quality very good, then put me down for 2 for my 68 with date codes.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I will let this perk for a few days. Then tally numbers and see what deal I can strike.

The last one I had made was spot on. I am looking to get a good price from the volume. I will not move forward unless both are acceptable.

Greg

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I'd be in for a couple if the price reasonable!:yes:

I dislike the tint my repop mirror has.:(

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello,

Now that I have a good estimate on the number I have started working the deal.

Price is still TBD. Ideally under $100, but nothing is in stone yet.

Might not have more info until late next week.

Greg

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
That's not bad at all, keep us posted.:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is still moving forward, but slowly. Parts delays :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts