Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is possible for a totally flat firewall in a 70 Nova with a BBC? I notice it has a indentation in the firewall but I dont know how close it is. So, If anybody has done this or can give me any feedback on it, I would appreciate it. thanks,Scott

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
I cut out about 75% of the original, all but the part that is around the M/C over to where the fenders mount, and from fender mount outward on the pass side. It is just covered by the 18 gauge sheet I welded in. Plus I made the sheet long enough to cover the opeings of the frame mounts, so it looks completely covered

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it pretty much in the stock location or did you move it back any? What was your method to making the template? I did this once on a full size chevy pickup and bought a 10.00 piece of shower wall (fiberglass board)covering at the lumber yard and made a huge one piece template and justtransfered it to a sheet of steel. Worked pretty well but I didn't have to worry about the master cylinder or column. I just want that ultra smooth look! thanks,Scott

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Well, I did my template when the car was completely apart. I took a large piece of cardboard, I think it was 6' x 3 ' and cut out the plate. I found the M/C holes and the fender holes and then kept cutting it until it fit perfectly from curve to curve (under where the fenders are)The trans tunnel I made just alittle bigger since I had gone this far, but the firewall is in the same location. I didn't want to have fender alinement problems later
I then laid out the cardboard on the metal and marked and plasma cut it out.

Also, I ran all my wiring thru the vent hole where the kick panels(under the panel)go then go under the fender to the front and behind the motor for those wires. If you look close you can see the ball of wire on the drivers side on the slanted part of the cowl.
Also have my electric fan relay and roll control mounted there too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts