Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..and not the good kind.

The other day I went to start the 64 nova and, nothing. Well I checked the battery and it was drained...no biggie its a new Bat but I suppose the kids could have truned on something. So I recharge it that night. The next day it test the bat and itall charged up. I connect the bat terms on(for sure the right way) and Puff smoke comes out of the wire from my alt and horn relay..frys the coating in some places. Well Crap. So I take in the Alt have it checked out and it test fine( thank God since it was my first rebuild:) Then I think maybe something was touching ,wires n such ,I reconect the alt and hook up bat and again..puff smoke coming out of the alt wire ,although not as much, but right at the horn relay connection. Could it be my regulator right above the horn relay? or is it the horn relay? any help would be great.

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm I suppose that could have happened, is there anyway to check. When I checked the Bat before I charged it it had a output of 4 v .

Thank
DAve

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doh! Well I checked it and it gave me -12.v. Ok well easy fix i hope Ill drain the batt and recharge it....the right way. Is there any other damage that may have happened beside one fryed wire?
Thanks
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts