Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That is what makes these projects so much fun. They give people opportunities to come up with ideas. Sure is awesome when you go to a car show and see some of the interesting ways people design and build their projects.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I’ll give them and call and see what their ideas are. Weird that everyone doesn’t have good things to say about Lokar. I’ve used a lot of their parts on my other projects and have been happy.
I have a lot of Lokar stuff on my car but the gas pedal is a bad design. It would be simple for them to fix by making the cable come out a little higher but they don't think they have a problem. The cable comes out right behind the drivers side head and has to make a 90 degree turn and then has to bend again to go to the carburetor.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I have a lot of Lokar stuff on my car but the gas pedal is a bad design. It would be simple for them to fix by making the cable come out a little higher but they don't think they have a problem. The cable comes out right behind the drivers side head and has to make a 90 degree turn and then has to bend again to go to the carburetor.
Exactly right, same exact thing happened to me. Very poor design, and when you have already spent the money on the pedal and installed it you are not happy. It looks good though 😂

·
Registered
52 Posts
That makes sense. A 90 on a cable is definitely a recipe for binding.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I got the pedal in. Missing the moon shaped sandwich bracket on the interior section of the pedal so I’ll have to call and see if they can send me one. Had a heck of time getting the old pedal out. The new pedal went right in though. I ordered a Newport Wiper motor as well so that should give me plenty of room.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts