Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Lokar Accelerator Pedal in my 68 but either I have it set up wrong or it is what it is when it comes to a cable system. I started to look at replacing it with one from Smith Racecraft. I have a 400 turbo in the car so brackets and kick downs ect need to be accounted for as well. Any good ideas/thoughts?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it just like the original accelerator pedal? I have the original somewhere in the garage but had issues with the return spring setup as I recall.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Do either one of you guys have pictures of your setup, as far as carburator linkage and return spring setup?
GM Perf 350 with a turbo 350 best thing I did changing from Lokar. Used all the Smith hardware except the pedal, i adapted the lokar

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the pictures.That looks sweet. Awesome job. I bet the accelerator is very responsive. What did you do to the end of the Lokar pedal to attach the solid linkage? I think I have the some spring setup somewhere in my garage although I modified the hell out of it so I may have to purchase a new one. I wonder if modified the Lokar pedal and used my stock direct linkage would work?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GM Perf 350 with a turbo 350 best thing I did changing from Lokar. Used all the Smith hardware except the pedal, i adapted the lokar
Thank you for the pictures.That looks sweet. Awesome job. I bet the accelerator is very responsive. What did you do to the end of the Lokar pedal to attach the solid linkage? I think I have the some spring setup somewhere in my garage although I modified the hell out of it so I may have to purchase a new one. I wonder if I modified the Lokar pedal and used my stock direct linkage would it work?

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Thank you for the pictures.That looks sweet. Awesome job. I bet the accelerator is very responsive. What did you do to the end of the Lokar pedal to attach the solid linkage? I think I have the some spring setup somewhere in my garage although I modified the hell out of it so I may have to purchase a new one. I wonder if I modified the Lokar pedal and used my stock direct linkage would it work?
Very responsive, no lag and very adjustable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
6,360 Posts
Hey Mark - I can see your DF-17 ; looking good .

Whole set-up , looks good . I like my stock gas pedal & "Skip White" carb linkage mount (works very well with my
stock 69 throttle cable) . Just like - jarhead64 has in post # 8.

jim

·
Registered
76 Posts
The Smith Racecraft pedal is really nice. I have spent a bunch of $$$ at their shop :).

If you are worried about the return spring setup, I can recommend the Willy's Carburetor Shop return spring setup. It's a really nice piece.

Chris.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Love the Smith Racecraft, adjustability is unlimited and it drops right in the stock firewall hole. Setup for a 700r4, springs are a little heavy but easy to change.

View attachment 440639

View attachment 440640
Alright, I will tip my friend about Smith Racecraft when I visit him tomorrow for the installation of the suspension and jeep wheels onto his Wrangler. He's looking to get Lokar as recommended by the local shop.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Smith Racecraft pedal is really nice. I have spent a bunch of $$$ at their shop :).

If you are worried about the return spring setup, I can recommend the Willy's Carburetor Shop return spring setup. It's a really nice piece.

Chris.
Took your advice and ordered a Willy's Carburetor Shop return spring setup. Should be here tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts