Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Why not use a PerTronix???

I have done a many Conversions on Marine dist.

I also have one in our 59 T-bird. (crane Fireball)

It's also very price effective!

Al

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I don't think the pertronix distributor setup is as troublesome as someone tried to make it appear in the past.
The Pertronix is a great distributor. It uses the same size cap as a points distributor. Connect the red and black wires to the coil and you are done. If you are converting from points, you will have to make sure the coil has a 12 volt source, but you will have to do that for any HEI.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I thought I saw that they make offset air cleaner bases for use with HEI?...Maybe that would be cheaper for you if everything works ok otherwise. My regular base clears my streetfire distributor with minor massaging (hammer) on the air cleaner base.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
No word back from dave @ davessmallbodyheis.com. I have left him a message on his voice mail and an email. It has only been 2 day though. I have a tough time sitting tight while I have money in my pocket. Usually because I will find ther places to spend it.
I didn't have good luck communicating with him via advertised business channels when I was pursuing one of his distributors. I finally gave up and decided it wasn't worth the effort.

That was before his implosion here and the subsequent aftermath I was involved in. That just confirmed my opinion of a certain person's business & personal acumen though. :yes:

I still wonder why no one else has a small body HEI distributor on the market though.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
I still wonder why no one else has a small body HEI distributor on the market though.
Maybe they are afraid of being browbeaten and otherwise bullied by the competition??:devil:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Without saying names is [email protected]$ the he that everyone is speaking about? Does anyone have a link to all this drama or what? I missed something for sure.

I do think that it is a drop base but not sure. It is the GM performance air cleaner out of summit. The black one.

Should I just give up on this guy or what. Maybe scooter can help with contacting him.

STILL HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM HIM THOUGH

1 - 20 of 32 Posts