Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having a problem finding some sort of a reducerfor my radiator upper hose inlet the hose fits the waterneck but my new rad has an inch and a quarter outlet and the hose and water neck is inch and a half

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
How about a hose with the correct ends? A good auto parts store should be able to find something that works. Plus, a hose clamp can squeeze it down far enough to get you to the store. Or a piece of smaller hose inside your larger hose, but that's kinda the half-assed way I used to do things!!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
since erics an idiot and doesn't respond to his post replies (why post in the first place douche:devil:)...

the end on the stat housing is normal size but for some reason the radiator inlet is really small, the next size down hose might work, but thought there may be a proper adapter style deal for it...*haven't looked online yet:rolleyes:*

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
yeah i know but this end is really really small, and to have the same "curvature" ...i guess its worth a try, sure as hell gonna piss off my parts guys:clap::clap:....i'll have him take the current hose and a measurement of what the new hose will need to be to them

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sounds like your radiator wasn't made for a third gen Nova. Several GM vehicles built in the 80's had a radiator with all the same physical dimensions of the factory third gen radiator. The only difference was the upper radiator hose size (and sometimes an extra heater hose connection on the passenger side radiator tank).

I seem to recall there being a different thermostat housing on the market that is the correct size to match that radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts