Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the correct frame mounts and oil dipstick/tube in the mail on their way right now, but I'm concerned about my PB booster being too big. My driver's side valve cover is touching it. The booster is part of an aftermarket PB w/front disc conversion. Everything bolted on in factory holes, but with my polished cast aluminum valve covers, it seems to be in the way. Anyone out there have a smaller booster on a 6 powered car they'd be willing to trade? Or could I just drill new holes a scosh higher and towards the fender to move the whole thing slightly w/o compromising performance?

[email protected]
Chance 949-981-5182

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Frame mounts are in, motor still won't go down all the way with the tall valve covers and larger booster. Someone told me that they put a set of tall covers on their 283 with a factory booster and it fit. Anyone out there wanna trade? New bigger booster for a working stock one? It would be a good upgrade for a 6 powered car!:D

·
Registered
508 Posts
are you running solid or ruber mounts? having power brakes im asuming ruber. they make a short and tall mount that comes off the block. you might be have the tall ones and getting the short ones could solve your problem. just a thought. good luck.

·
Registered
508 Posts
by the way i have disc on the front of both my cars with out the boster and they stop fine. my 66 traps around 140 mph in the 1/4 and have no trouble stoping it. again just a thought, you might try it with out the booster and see what you think.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
I have manual disc on the front as well. I did't want the issues with power brakes and low vacuum nor did I want to deal with not being able to easily remove the valve covers. Stops great!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I might just have to do that. With the cam I'm running I'm more than likely going to have a bit of troubles with vacuum. By the way, the rubber mounts are the stock shorty style. I bought them from Chevy II Only along with a lot of my other conversion parts.

I would still like to retain the power brakes though. So I guess I'm just going to have to find a stock booster or order a slightly shorter set of valve covers from the place I got the tall ones from. If anyone knows of a stock booster floating around in someone's garage somewhere, I would really appreciate the help! I've got some spare things I'm taking up to the John Force show. Plus I've got to meet up with Lyndon to trade him a couple of 6 cyl parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts