Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a small block 307, hydraulic lifters, flat tappet cam. and its all stock except for a intake manifold and carb. I just toke a trip to lime rock in my car it was alittle over an hour away each way. On the way back i was 10 minutes away from home and i noticed a odd noise so i pulled into a parking lot to check it out, Its alittle hard to identify but it almost sound like a chirping, its like high pitched noise. It seems to be coming from the passenger side rear of the motor. It was pretty hot and the oil was pretty thin being so heated up. The oil was kind of low but it shouldnt of affected it. I pulled the passenger valve cover off to see if anything looked out of the ordinary but i didnt notice anything. Any ideas?

·
Registered
14 Posts
this is completely a random shot in the dark but this recently happened to me on a shake down on my new 454.... same type a sound, turns out it was my ladder bars in the back (loose) and a passenger side exhaust clamp ( band clamps )... wasn't really loud but with a new shake down you have your HD ears on and notice every little sound.

I would lay underneath take some wrenches and pull and push on stuff see if you can tighten anything

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Could be the bendix just touching the flexplate. Had that happen once not too long ago. Just heard a little buzzing. Dave

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
The water pump on my Challenger was on its way out recently and it made some chirping noises under the hood, thought it was the belts. I tugged on the pulley and it was all wobbly. So the pulley was wobbling which caused the belt to walk around and chirp. Could be one of your pulleys out of alignment or going bad (bearings worn out, etc).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts