Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During my 1-2 shift, the car seems to have a slight hesitation/stumble and I have no idea where to start troubleshooting??? It didn't do this last year. I've got a new carb and a more than adequate fuel system this season. It's almost like it cuts out for a 1/2 second as I shift to 2nd gear. It doesn't do it on the 2-3 shift. I'm stumped on this one :confused:

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
could it be your float level ? or would it do that out of the gate too.. and you said it only happens on 1 to 2. ????? dose it do that on every pass?? :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ladderbar64 said:
could it be your float level ? or would it do that out of the gate too.. and you said it only happens on 1 to 2. ????? dose it do that on every pass?? :confused: :confused:
It does it consistently on every pass, every 1-2 shift and that's it. When I removed the distributor cap tonight, there was a lot of white corrosive build-up on the contacts and on the rotor tip. Wonder if that could contribute to the problem???

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Patrick suggested to increase my fuel pressure by one lb. It's currently set at 6.25 lbs, so I'll bump it up to 7.25 lbs and see what that does.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the plug wires, rotor & cap. Hesitation is still there. Looks like I'll start looking at fuel delivery.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure guage you can see when driving the car? Mine used to be mounted on the cowl panel and I could watch the pressure drop on acceleration. Mine dropped to the lowest during 1st and 2nd; I guess that's when the g-forces were the greatest.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nova_Guy said:
Do you have a fuel pressure guage you can see when driving the car? Mine used to be mounted on the cowl panel and I could watch the pressure drop on acceleration. Mine dropped to the lowest during 1st and 2nd; I guess that's when the g-forces were the greatest.
Yeah, mine stays rock-steady the entire pass.

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nova_Guy said:
Where is your guage tapped off at? I looked at the pictures you sent me I don't see it.
The gauge is plumbed in between the regulator and the carb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts