Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a problem today. Last time at the track I had a bad vibration on top end, thought it was due to my slicks not being balanced. I tried to balance them today, both tires either have belts that broke, or just were bad. They shook the machine really bad. I tried spinning the tire on the rim, then removed the tubes, nothing worked. These tires are new, less then 5 passes on them.

I am wondering if I got a bad batch of tires or if I have overlooked something else..

They are Mickey T's 28x11.5 slicks

·
Registered
223 Posts
nova10sec said:
I have new 1350 ujoints. The tire are definitely shot, it a matter of did my cars setup destroy them or were they just from a bad batch...
Geez and you said you have 5 or less passes on them? I think I'd call Mickey Thompson and talk to them about that, Unless you were doing burnouts on the street they shouldn't wear that fast.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Contact M/T and tell them your story. If they had a problem and are willing to help you out, they'll tell you. RM

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mickey said... F-off, slick are not warent... Got the corp line. "All products are throughly tested, and meet our own high standard of quality and workmenship. Due to the harsh enviro our "race only" products are exposed to, we offer no wart expressed or implied...

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
nova10sec said:
Mickey said... F-off, slick are not warent... Got the corp line. "All products are throughly tested, and meet our own high standard of quality and workmenship. Due to the harsh enviro our "race only" products are exposed to, we offer no wart expressed or implied...

that sucks!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obviously, I feel the pain personally. Overall I do see the potential impact of extended warent. to a non covered product.

If they did cover it, a racer somewhere else who may have had a problem now had basis for similar coverage and or litigation.

So I guess I am saying "It suck to be me right now"

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
When you say they couldn't be balanced, what exactly do you mean? Were you using a computer balancer? Were they round?

·
Registered
57 Posts
nova10sec said:
LOOKS LIKE GOODYEAR OR HOOSIER HAS A NEW CUSTOMER!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
could it be a ring and pinion problem?? had a 72 chevelle that when I was at the stripe shook the car really bad also. needed new gears and problem solved . had a chipped tooth

1 - 20 of 42 Posts