Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the widest as well as tallest slick that any of you fellow nova lovers can recommend that will fit in my stock rearend 66 nova. I appreciate your help.
richieO66nova

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
stock rearend with stock wheel well, I run a 26" x 8.5" M/T slick. Same size as the 26" x 10.50 M/T ET Street.

a 7" wheel with 4" backspace.

any larger, and you'll need to start cutting

·
Registered
509 Posts
I fit an 8 inch wheel with 4.5 backspace. Tight. But it will work for straight line use! 26x8.5 tire. The MT is the smallest measuring just over 8 inches. The new Hoosier its the largest at 8.75. Both are marked 26x8.5.:confused: I like the Hoosier better. Lasts longer and hooks better.

Scott

·
Registered
761 Posts
stock rearend with stock wheel well, I run a 26" x 8.5" M/T slick. Same size as the 26" x 10.50 M/T ET Street.

a 7" wheel with 4" backspace.

any larger, and you'll need to start cutting
Hey Dave ! would you rather run the ET streets or the the slicks? If you were going to buy a set new?

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
Hey Dave ! would you rather run the ET streets or the the slicks? If you were going to buy a set new?
depends on the plan for the car. If you're gonna drive it on the street often, and you want the same wheels, then get the ET streets. The ET streets weren't around when I first bought mine, other wise I probably would've used them.

if it's gonna be trailered everywhere, then it does'nt matter. I still drove my slicks on the street. Use to drive it to the old Rialto drag strip all the time with the slicks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts