Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought from Skip White on Ebay? Just wondering if those great deals are really great?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
HEY JAMES I just ordered a few things but havent received thm yet. ill let you know when i get them

·
Registered
20,121 Posts
I bought a rotating assembly from them that's in my 383. I didn't trust those Procomp Electronics rods so I sold them and got my money back on them. The guy I sold them to said he uses them all the time and they say they are good for around 500 hp. I bought the Scat Procomp I beams(rated to 750hp) w/ the 7/16" rod bolts and had my assembly balanced at Houston Engine & Balancing. I have a Scat crank, Scat rods, Probe forged pistons, King bearings, etc..

They can put together many different variations of kits if you need one. Good luck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Run from Skip White!

I'm reviving this thread to warn others. My wife surprised me with a gift of Comp Cams High Energy aluminum roller rocker arms for our current 383 stroker build. While a sweet gesture, to save money on both the list price and tax rather than going through Summit she purchased them from Skip White on ebay (his genuine account "skipwhite" and not a clone).

The package arrived today, and I'm appalled at how they handle their parts. The rocker arms have no individual packaging/separators to protect them and are thrown into a small box with the poly locks servicing as the bulk of the packaging material. They bounced off each other so much during shipping almost every rocker's finish is scuffed to a flat sheen, has deep gouges in the body, and has nicks in the roller tips. If they package parts this way to send to a buyer, I can only imagine how they handle them in the warehouse. I don't want to think about how they build their heads and engines. If they can't get shipping rocker arms correct, I don't imagine they can read nor care to take the time to read a micrometer or specs.

Run far, far away from Skip White Performance!

·
6,559 Posts
I'll never deal with them again. Last year I ordered heads, rocker studs, head bolts and head gaskets. Had them sent to where we were staying for the winter in Florida.
They arrived the day before we left and everything seem OK. Fast forward a couple of months and I went to install everything. The rocker studs I ordered were not the 3/8" I ordered(already had the roller rockers in that size). The head bolts were for a Ford. The difference is 1 part number different from the GM.
Contacted them with problems and they were going to replace them with no issue until I told them my address in Canada. They now back pedaled on their willingness to help. First saying the time is too long for a return, then saying they can't help because I'm not in the US where the parts were shipped to and then saying I would have to pay the shipping to send the parts back AND pay to have the right parts sent to me. I finally agreed to pay shipping for the correct parts to be sent to me($25US) and if they were right then I would send the wrong parts back if they send a shipping label to me.
The ARP bolts and rocker studs came in a plastic bag not the original packaging. They have ARP on them but I have no idea if they are some Chinese knock off or not. They never did send a shipping label and I'm certainly not paying for the wrong parts to be sent back. I'll put them up for sale some day.
It took around a dozen phone calls for all this to happen and with each phone call they had lied to me about something.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I ordered my SHP block and rotating assembly from them. No issues with the parts but it did take almost a month to receive what I had ordered. I sent my block and rotating assembly to my long time machinist just for safe measures. The cylinders were a little tight to his likings so he honed them with a deck plate to fit the pistons better. He also did the usual block prep that he does to all the SHP blocks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Terrible Customer Service

As an update, it's been five days since I reached out to Skip White's customer service via ebay about returning the damaged rocker arms. No response. I had to file a claim with ebay to obtain a refund. Still no response from Skip White even though ebay is stepping in to refund my money. A true machine shop and speed shop that stands behind its product and customer service :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts