Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres the deal. last front runner type tire i ran on my 64 nova was in the mid 70s i had 3.5 centerlines with a 165 65 r15 tire(used to be common size on a volkswagon bug). i just picked up a pair of 4 inch rally wheels and it seems availability of this tire size is nada. what tire sizes are being used with the skinny rallys now-a-days?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
yep they still make them i get mine from firestone they are 165r15s or kelly tire co. 165r15s as well :yes: .............. na i want the commercial to come back on too :eek:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
now i see how you're able to get traction with a stick. i'm gonna try to get traction with about half the tire and still go about the same times. didn't you run in the mid 9's?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep they still make them i get mine from firestone they are 165r15s or kelly tire co. 165r15s as well :yes: .............. na i want the commercial to come back on too :eek:
i guess i am going to have to go hit the stores instead of trying to shop online.i have done an online search of all the major tire companys and they all say these sizes are not available in the las vegas area. thanks to all for the help!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
How are you guys getting 165's to not rub the front of the wheel well opening? We tried them and on one side it actually grabbed the front fender and bent it in. We had to switch down to 135's to get the tires to clear the fender in the front.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts