Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, six pictures......none showing the engine, drivers side, rear or underneath, but bidding is over $30,000. The seller is insinuating that this is an L79, but uses the word 'correct' everywhere, not 'original'. The SS rocker trim looks strange because the black accents haven't been painted, but otherwise it appears to be a real nice car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966...3057919?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c6a5d42ff

Bob

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Looks pretty awesome Bob. Agree with you about a car at $30K, reserve not met, not having more, better pictures. Photos can make a car look much better than it is. May not be the case here. When I bought mine, from CraigsList, I talked to the guy first. He e-mailed me dozens of hi-rez pics. Some were even close ups of anything he thought was a flaw. And I didn't pay near half of what that car is at.

·
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks pretty awesome Bob. Agree with you about a car at $30K, reserve not met, not having more, better pictures. Photos can make a car look much better than it is. May not be the case here. When I bought mine, from CraigsList, I talked to the guy first. He e-mailed me dozens of hi-rez pics. Some were even close ups of anything he thought was a flaw. And I didn't pay near half of what that car is at.
I bought my L79 sight unseen, too, although I really promote not doing that:rolleyes:. The car was advertised in Nova Times, which was a positive indicator right off the bat. The first thing I got from the seller was the name of the guy who restored the car. When that all checked out I also got dozens of pictures, many of areas I asked to see. By then, I knew I was dealing with a reputable seller and the pics proved the car was everything he said it was....a Canadian built, fully documented from new, restored as original L79 Nova SS. I didn't pay much more for it than where the bidding sits for this Ebay car, but that was in the late 90's:rolleyes:.

Bob

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
It is a nice car,but I agree more pics & details are needed for a $30,000 + car. More pics may be available from the seller if asked. Also, the blue radiator support shining through the grille looks tacky. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I HOPE HE GETS IT, WE NEED THE 2ND GEN VALUE TO INCREASE! :cool:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, its pretty, but WHY do people paint the radiator/core support body color...I do not like seeing color thru the grille (steps off soapbox)\\Ooops, just saw 66marinabluess post above
X2

·
14,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The auction ended at $30,600. Didn't meet reserve.

B.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts