·
Registered
821 Posts
"Siva 64"

Year: 64

Model: Nova 4 door

Engine: 194 6 cyl

Body/Exterior: Orig Paint, currently adding all options, incl skirts

Front End: Custom Air Bag Susp, tank and compressor hidden in vintage Samsonite suitcase in the trunk!

Transmission: Powerglide

Rear End: Stock

Exhaust: Split manifold, straight pipes!

Wheels/Tires: Custom made 14 x 5 Kelsy Hayes wires converted to Chevy patern, stock 4" backspace, 57 Chevy tri-bar centers

Interior: Original and a mess! Mexican blankets for covers, lots of character though!

Electrical: Stock

Accessories/Options: 194 6 cyl, PG, PS, PB, factory AC, factory tinted glass, padded dash, bumper guards, spotlight (factory '64 Chevelle item), window ventshades, side mirrors, locking gas cap, skirts, tissue dispenser, compass, thermometer, floor mats, seatbelts, safety locks, 4 way flasher, brake warning light, rear window "blinds", push button AM radio, and more! Not everything was installed at the time of the pictures, more pics to come.

Sound system: Sony "Xplod" head unit with DVD monitor (hidden in the factory tissue dispenser), 10 disc CD changer, 2 amps, 12 inch woofer all hidden in a vintage set of Samsonite Luggage in the trunk - everything is "removeable" and hidden with no holes or cutting made, full Dynamat lining in interior

Additional Comments: I wrote a "book" in the introductions page about my lowrider background, but I included a couple of shots of my '37 "Slantback" (no trunk) Chevy sedan to give you an idea of where I am coming from - this Nova will be very much in the lowrider style of my sedan, totally stock with every option, laying on the ground - loud stereo and loud pipes! Hopefully you picked up on the name of the car - "no va" in Spanish means loosely "doesn't go" or "doesn't run", thus "Siva 64" (those are my license plates for the car, black with yellow letters of course!). Is the world ready for a lowrider Nova? Let me know what ya think!

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
A big " ten-hut !" on the '37 !!!!!!!!!! They are both stunning !!! :devil:

Sweet lil' project you've got there with that more door.
I've seen a convertable '37 in that style at a Impalas CC show in Chico a few years ago.I could'nt stop looking at it !!!!!
Good luck & Aloha, Ric

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Saw your post in the other thread about the chopped Nova. Your car is sweet. Got any pictures of the suitcase with the tank and compressor?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the view looking in, nothing seems out of the ordinary, ready for a 1964 roadtrip! (the luggage is all Samsonite and is era correct for 1964)
[/IMG]

Here's a close-up, note the travel case and smaller piece behind it -
[/IMG]

But, no clothes will be going in here!
[/IMG]

The other cases will all house the stereo equipment (that is a work in progress, no pictures of that yet) - the bag on the right side will hold the sub-woofer, the travel case the 10 disk changer and the other bag will house the amps (with built in cooling fans). I've done the stereo trick before, but this is the first time I've tried the airbag stuff, worked out great!! I only go up and down when parked, so I didn't need a huge tank and only 1 compressor is fine. The whole system is on a remote control on my keyfob, and that is fun to do from a distance when people are checking out the car - they freak out when the car starts going up and down by itself!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I agree with 1badnov. The air ride in the luggage is awesome:yes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
The hardware in teh luggage is classic. Good idea. Like the car. I want a perfect 4 door or wagon with all options (a/c too) for a DD. Your car would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Siva64,

First, that's a beautiful '37 Chevy. Second, your Nova's attitude, and altitude, is very cool. That's a very creative way of using the luggage. Keep sharing your work with us. Thank you.

-Ed

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PM Novajoe for some sun visors. U got pics with skirts?
Only have this one photo so far with skirts; I've added a bunch more options since this photo, however (bumper guards, door edge guards, correct right/left mirrors, dummy antanae, 64 Malibu spotlight, vent shades, tissue dispenser, child safety locks, brake warning light, 4 way flasher, dash compass, etc). Wow, can't imagine what's up with a sunvisor; always wondered if they had one in the aftermarket back then. I'm waiting to take some new pics as soon as I can, but too busy driving it everyday, and lovin' it! Thanks again for the inspiration for this project!!

[/IMG]

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't worry, it doesn't look too different (and my budget is allowing much to change anyway!). It may end up being about 2-3" lower if I have my way about it though......:devil:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts