Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
You gonna use that and a Fink or? Come on what ya thinking now. :turn:
The Pin up on the torpedo, and the bulging eyes Fink looking at her. ?
Yea that sound's cool to me. And how about the Chevy II symbol on the front
of the helmet?

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Well here is a little update and some pic's of his progress. It's about half way done. He still has to put the pin up girl on the back and do some kind of detailing to the red tear's(4 lack of a better word). I will post some more pic's when it's done.

well since you couldnt wait i was going to say put "lil red riding hood" on it :yes:
little red : your wagon
riding: your the driver in the car ( riding in it )
hood : ( helmet )

lil red riding hood :yes: :D :D other than that i like what it looks like now too

The pinup with the torpedo gets my vote! I've done some helmet painting-check out ProStock driver Jason Line's helmet I painted that earlier this year.

One thing that really needs to be considered when shooting helmets is the affect it has on the impact resistance. Most helmet manufacturer's stress not to paint their helmets. The problem is most painter's don't consider what the solvents in their paint products do to the shell of the helmet. To do the job properly a solvent barrier needs to be applied first. A quality epoxy primer applied and then allowed to cure for a minimum of 7 days does the trick, then you're guaranteed that solvents won't compromize the structural integrity of the shell.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
The pinup with the torpedo gets my vote! I've done some helmet painting-check out ProStock driver Jason Line's helmet I painted that earlier this year.

One thing that really needs to be considered when shooting helmets is the affect it has on the impact resistance. Most helmet manufacturer's stress not to paint their helmets. The problem is most painter's don't consider what the solvents in their paint products do to the shell of the helmet. To do the job properly a solvent barrier needs to be applied first. A quality epoxy primer applied and then allowed to cure for a minimum of 7 days does the trick, then you're guaranteed that solvents won't compromize the structural integrity of the shell.
Thank's for the info. If I am not mistaken he did just that. Because I rember him saying he had to let the helmet sit for 7 day's B 4 he did any more work.
As for the Pin up girl it's going on the back of the helmet.

How much does a paint job on a helmet go for? I would really like to have mine done, but don't trust anybody around here to do the job. I have seen some real crap that cost alot of money.

Discussion starter · #32 · (Edited)
How much does a paint job on a helmet go for? I would really like to have mine done, but don't trust anybody around here to do the job. I have seen some real crap that cost alot of money.
Well I am not sure what the average paint job cost for a helmet. But I was qutoed $300 for this one. I have also heard of Paint job's for helmet's costing in the thousand's of dollar's.:eek:

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Well here's another update on the helmet. He sent me some more pic's of his progress. It look's pretty good.......Mind you the picture on the back is meant to be more Cartoonish than a perfect rendering of her.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Yea it would but I kind of wanted a Old to new kind of theme on the helmet. And this what came up with. I kind like the thought of "Less is more" when it comes to paint job's.

That just it, I don't have a real vivid picture in my head. Just some thing in general. How about a 3/4 side shot of the car and Rat Fink and out in front of him there is the starting X-mas tree just turning green? Or here's another total new Idea. Paint the front of the Helmet Red and then half way back have it looking like white paint is ripping off to reveal the Red and maybe have old 40's style pin up girl on the very back of the helmet? Just a thought.
I could take a pic of your car and pic of rat fink to a tattoo friend of mine,
he could draw it up in about a couple of hours.
Pic of his work free hand on my helmet.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Oh man that look's Bad to the bone. But it's a little to late. The guy who painting is probably already in wet sanding stages of the P/job. Man I whish you would have shown me this about this a week and half ago.

Oh man that look's Bad to the bone. But it's a little to late. The guy who painting is probably already in wet sanding stages of the P/job. Man I whish you would have shown me this about this a week and half ago.
Sorry just caught the thread,you need it later let me know.

side view

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.