Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought me a Bandit(Simpson)Helmet and I don't care for the plain jane white color. So I am thinking about getting a custom paint job on it. So today I have been thinking about a scheme for the helmet. One of my idea's was to do some kind of Rat Fink design with my car incorporated into it. The base color would be Red of course. The second idea would have the same base color of Red but I would do some kind of pin up girl thing. You know the ones you would see on the side of a old B-17 bomber.

What I am looking for out of this thread is opinion's on what you think might look good on the helmet. And yes I know C/paint job's can get expensive. Trust me I got that covered. WINK WINK! I got the hook up if you know what I mean.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
"One of my idea's was to do some kind of Rat Fink design with my car incorporated into it. The base color would be Red of course."

That one has my vote...... give more details on the Rat Fink design...

·
Registered
1974 chevy. Ova
1,179 Posts
i don't know if you can do it for a helmet, but there are places that make vinyl coverings for whole cars. i've got a moose racing sticker on my helmet. they do some performance and safety gear for dirt bikes and four wheelers. i looked all over for the decal i've got on my helmet (and i had to look all over for one a couple years ago) and can't find a picture. it's their old logo not their new one...if i can find a picture i'll post it.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"One of my idea's was to do some kind of Rat Fink design with my car incorporated into it. The base color would be Red of course."

That just it, I don't have a real vivid picture in my head. Just some thing in general. How about a 3/4 side shot of the car and Rat Fink and out in front of him there is the starting X-mas tree just turning green? Or here's another total new Idea. Paint the front of the Helmet Red and then half way back have it looking like white paint is ripping off to reveal the Red and maybe have old 40's style pin up girl on the very back of the helmet? Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Paint the front of the Helmet Red and then half way back have it looking like white paint is ripping off to reveal the Red and maybe have old 40's style pin up girl on the very back of the helmet?

THAT'S IT! Now which pin up girl? :eek:
http://www.thepinupfiles.com/

I like this one! That black would look good on the RED.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or how about some thing like this one.

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like it! Both of them.... :yes:
On edit..... To much red/pink in both of those to go with a red back ground.....?

That one might get deleted.....be careful
Yea I was kind of thinking the same thing. But I don't think it's to bad. Who know's.:eek:

·
Premium Member
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
UNCLE........UNCLE.......UNCLE! Your right though. That is the one.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts